#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  Guess who got suspended by ESPN today?  Hint: it's not Skip Bayless.

ESPN has suspended Stephen A. Smith from its TV and radio airwaves for a week following his controversial comments about Baltimore running back Ray Rice's wife, according to Sports Illustrated.

Note to Stephen A:  It's not a good idea to blame the victim of domestic violence.

Edited by top dawg, 30 July 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

I'm not happy. He's a great person/reporter.

#3 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

He never blamed them. He said they should take a strong look in the mirror and think could I have prevented this

#4 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

He never blamed them. He said they should take a strong look in the mirror and think could I have prevented this

I'm not going to get into a debate, but that is kind of blaming them.  

People should have a right to say what they want without fear of getting knocked out (or worse).  And even if you don't believe that, you're talking about a woman vs a man---a professional football player at that.  What can she say, wear, whatever that would cause for Rice to knock her the fug out?  Sticks and stones...dude.

#5 setzer2030

setzer2030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

People should have a right to say what they want without fear of getting knocked out (or worse).  And even if you don't believe that, you're talking about a woman vs a man---a professional football player at that.  What can she say, wear, whatever that would cause for Rice to knock her the fug out?  Sticks and stones...dude.

I agree, they should have a right to say what they want without fear of getting knocked out. But Stephen A. Smith should be able to share his opinion on a debate show without fear of getting suspended for his opinion.

#6 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I understand a man should not put his hands on a women. What was your stance on the Hardy case?

#7 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Who says she wasn't attacking him first and he responded by hitting her once? We don't know what happened before she got knocked out.

#8 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Equal rights means equal lefts.

bad-joke-eel-template.jpg

#9 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,473 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

Stephen A admitted what he said was insanely dumb so not sure what there is to argue about.

Guy makes a good living by yelling dumb things and this time it actually got him in trouble.

Edited by Cary Kollins, 30 July 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#10 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

Ray Rice gets two days for knocking his wife out cold and Stephen A gets five days for making a tasteless comment. That's some poo....

Sent from my iPhone

#11 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

He did apologize. Seemed to really regret saying it.

I've heard he's a really nice guy, but he gets on my nerves big time. I don't like to watch his exchanges with Bayless- both of 'em are like fingernails on a blackboard for me.

#12 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

I agree, they should have a right to say what they want without fear of getting knocked out. But Stephen A. Smith should be able to share his opinion on a debate show without fear of getting suspended for his opinion.

When that debate show is on a major network they can do whatever they want if they feel their employee was out of line.

Sent from my iPhone

#13 WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Probably is a paid suspension aka vacation. Stephen ain't complaining.

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Ray Rice gets two days for knocking his wife out cold and Stephen A gets five days for making a tasteless comment. That's some poo....

Sent from my iPhone

Sticks and stones will break your bones but words are apparently vile and the root of all evil.  What is this word coming to...

#15 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

I understand a man should not put his hands on a women. What was your stance on the Hardy case?

I am not going to speak to the Hardy case because i wasn't there, and even though he got convicted I think that things are still murky enough not to draw final conclusions.  I mean, she was under the influence and he was drinking---everyone had been drinking.  Even still, I don't believe in laying hands on a women in violence,

Like I tell my son, it's OK to protect yourself of course, but you can usually restrain as opposed to beating the poo out of a woman in those instances.  

Hardy made some bad choices, he put himself in the situation, and he has to live with the consequences.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com