Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Not Panthers News, But Some of you will be happy at this suspension

37 posts in this topic

He did apologize. Seemed to really regret saying it.

I've heard he's a really nice guy, but he gets on my nerves big time. I don't like to watch his exchanges with Bayless- both of 'em are like fingernails on a blackboard for me.

I agree, they should have a right to say what they want without fear of getting knocked out. But Stephen A. Smith should be able to share his opinion on a debate show without fear of getting suspended for his opinion.

When that debate show is on a major network they can do whatever they want if they feel their employee was out of line.

Sent from my iPhone

Probably is a paid suspension aka vacation. Stephen ain't complaining.

Ray Rice gets two days for knocking his wife out cold and Stephen A gets five days for making a tasteless comment. That's some poo....

Sent from my iPhone

Sticks and stones will break your bones but words are apparently vile and the root of all evil.  What is this word coming to...

I understand a man should not put his hands on a women. What was your stance on the Hardy case?

I am not going to speak to the Hardy case because i wasn't there, and even though he got convicted I think that things are still murky enough not to draw final conclusions.  I mean, she was under the influence and he was drinking---everyone had been drinking.  Even still, I don't believe in laying hands on a women in violence,

Like I tell my son, it's OK to protect yourself of course, but you can usually restrain as opposed to beating the poo out of a woman in those instances.  

Hardy made some bad choices, he put himself in the situation, and he has to live with the consequences.  

Here's the thing I'll say on the matter.  Ray Rice is a turd, and I'm also not liking what I'm seeing coming out of the Hardy situation, but Smith has a point.  I've said many times, in some cases (not all obviously) I've seen or heard a woman acting like a man IE bowing up to the man, spitting, or even hitting a guy.  The guys who refuse to fight back, more power, but the second you start acting like a guy and want to be treated like a guy, don't be surprised when the guy comes back and fights you like a guy.  There is unto itself a double standard that I've seen, some women want to be able to do whatever they want and not expect any repurcussion.  Some women even use this to their advantage knowing that they can push the line further than any guy would be able to in some situations and knowing if the person on the other side would react they'd go to jail.  In this way, Smith is right, understand that the double standard doesn't and shouldn't exclude you in CERTAIN situations.  That said, domestic abuse is not cool and is very much a problem, and the cases in which I just described are usually the exception not the rule.  This is why it is important that the NFL should have been more stern with the Rice situation, and I feel is why when the hardy situation is said and done and the NFL rules, they will hammer him much more harshly than they did Rice.

Could have been said better or not at all. But in my opnion did not warrant that long of a suspension.

He clearly was referring to some women who will get in your face, hit you etc...during an argument. There were reports that Ray Rice's wife spit on him and such. I'm not saying she deserved to get cold cocked but she's not this innocent dove just because she did. Has nothing to do with wearing a miniskirt, or whatever bs Michelle Beadle was saying. Could have been articulated better but I really don't think it warranted that long of a suspension.

The more glaring problem is the 2 game joke of a suspension handed down to Rice. Let's be real.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Stephen A admitted what he said was insanely dumb so not sure what there is to argue about.

Guy makes a good living by yelling dumb things and this time it actually got him in trouble.

Yeah, but it's like that age old question: Are you truly sorry for what you did, or are you just sorry that you got caught?

I am not saying that this makes him a bad person at all, but he had to have time to think before he spoke.  Stephen A is old and experienced enough to know that some things just shouldn't be said.  He may still believe that all day long, but he should have known that it would draw some fire if he actually came out with that take.

Ray Rice gets two days for knocking his wife out cold and Stephen A gets five days for making a tasteless comment. That's some poo....

Sent from my iPhone

2 weeks for Ray, and he'll lose more pay than Stephen A.

No man, especially one with the size and strength of a NFL football player, should ever hit a woman unless he feels like his life is in danger. It honestly doesn't matter if the woman "acts like a dude". Just because she's out of her mind doesn't mean you can knock her out cold.

Sent from my iPhone

1 person likes this

• i dont get this on the app

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article149026764.html Graphic photos stir doubts about Darren Rainey’s ‘accidental’ prison death The photographs of Darren Rainey’s body are difficult to look at: skin curling from nearly every part of his body, from the top of his nose to his ankles. Large swaths of exposed body tissue, some of it blood red, and other portions straw yellow. Skin blistering on portions of his face, his ears and his neck. Deep red tissue exposed on his chest, his back, a thigh and an arm. Yellow tissue exposed on his buttocks and left leg. About the only portion of his body not affected are his feet. Paramedic Alexander Lopez saw the injuries firsthand that evening, after Rainey collapsed and died in a shower in the mental health unit at Dade Correctional Institution on Jan. 23, 2012. “[Patient] was found with second- and third-degree burns on 30 percent of his body,” Lopez wrote, adding that prison staff told him that “inmate was found on shower floor with hot water running.” The autopsy report, which inexplicably took three years to be completed and another year to be released, was puzzling to Rainey’s relatives, who said they were pressured by prison officials to immediately have him cremated. ... Fernández Rundle issued a final report on the case on March 17, announcing her decision not to file charges. She conducted the investigation after the Miami Herald reported that the makeshift shower had been used by guards to torment prisoners who suffered from mental illnesses. Unlike other showers in the prison, it was rigged so that the temperature controls were in an adjacent room, inaccessible to inmates locked inside. Inmates in the unit told the Herald — and later detectives — that Rainey had been placed in the shower by officer Roland Clarke after Rainey defecated on himself, and that other officers stood by as Rainey screamed and begged for help while banging on the shower door. He was found face up, in a pool of water, more than 90 minutes later.   Inmates and staff described how after Rainey was carried out of the shower, he was so red he looked like he had been “boiled’’ — and that his skin was peeling off his body “like fruit roll-ups.” ... Fernández Rundle said the absence of burns made it impossible to prove that a crime had been committed, since it meant the shower was not dangerously hot. She emphasized that “science” showed that Rainey did not die from the actions of the corrections officers. However, Marraccini and Baden both told the Herald the photos indicate burns over a significant portion of Rainey’s body. Marraccini, former medical examiner in Palm Beach County, faulted the Miami-Dade medical examiner for not taking additional skin tissue samples, since it is important to look at skin tissue from the area that suffered the most damage. The Herald asked Lew to indicate from where on Rainey’s anatomy she took the skin tissue sample. It was one of the questions she did not answer. ... Grimes, who declined to comment for this story, has suggested that police and state attorney investigators gave too much weight to corrections officers’ statements and not enough to the broader context — including evidence that the temperature of the rigged shower was a dangerous 160 degrees when turned on full hot — and that corrections officers had been abusing mentally ill prisoners for years. Among other things, the Herald has found the following problems with the state attorney’s (SAO) review of Rainey’s death: The SAO said a paramedic on the scene, Alexander Lopez, “noted that there were no signs of trauma on Rainey’s body …” In fact, Lopez, who examined Rainey’s body, did not mention in his report if there were or weren’t signs of trauma. But he did write that Rainey “was found with second- and third-degree burns on approximately 30 percent of his body.” The state attorney also failed to mention that Brittany McLaurin, an investigator with the medical examiner’s office, wrote in a report the day after Rainey’s death: “Visible trauma was noticed throughout the decedent’s body.” The SAO dismisses a finding by the prison health and safety inspector, Darlene Dixon, that the hot water in the shower tested at 160 degrees, far higher than is safe. Dixon took the reading two days after Rainey’s death. The state attorney said the reading was questionable for two reasons: Dixon used a meat thermometer and another staff member measured the water at 120 degrees earlier the same day. In fact, the Herald has learned, Dixon not only told investigators that the shower tested at 160 degrees when on full-hot, but that she had previously put in work orders on multiple occasions asking that the unsafe situation be fixed. Detectives and the state attorney failed to explore or even mention that in the final report.
    • A hot steak straight from the grill tastes 1000 times better than any of that stuff to me. I've tried to lie to myself and tell myself it doesn't but it won't work, lol.