#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,984 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

I looked at it today, and by the eye test we have maybe 1 "gimme" game.

I did the same for the Colts and Patriots and counted EIGHT gimme games for each.

#3 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Were gonna be a defensive, smash mouth, bad ass team. Nobody in the nfl is going to be looking forward to playing us. I think we will be in every single game...

#4 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,971 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

I see the Rams making the playoffs and the 9ers sitting at home this year. 

#5 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Looking at the schedule past the first 3 weeks is an exercise in futility. Last year Pete Prisco went through our 16 game schedule on the Mac Attack and said "no", "no, "no", and on and on. 

The Giants pass rush was supposed to destroy our patchwork offensive line. We ran the ball for over 200 yards and Cam had like 4 touchdowns. The other side is too much optimism. Remember when JR lit up the locker room for losing to the Falcons? They went to the Super Bowl. We embarrassed ourselves.

#6 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Losing Ginn and Mitchell are huge. Many may not remember but I wont forget that one forced fumble Mitchell had during the Rams game that shifted all the momentum to us. Our schedule is hell this year as well. At Baltimore, at Green Bay, not to mention our tough division. Im seeing a 7-8 wins max. I hate to be the downer here but just too many factors at play. Cam still being fresh off ankle surgery and not being as big in the running game, the loss of a good return game in Ginn, the loss of Mitchell, brand new WR corps with very little chemistry with Cam.

Because of our stout D, I see 7-8 wins, if not for our D, I would put us in the 5 win range. The wild card is Benjamin, if our D stays healthy and Benjamin and Cam can turn into Dalton/Green 2.0 and our D remains top 5, then sure, 10 or so wins very doable.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

so hard to say at this stage

#8 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,971 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I was talking with my neighbor (he's on the Huddle, too) and he brought up that this is probably the most wide open the NFL has been in a long time. I agree. Other than 2-3 teams who will definitely be in the playoffs, it's pretty much up for grabs. 

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

POPULAR

Sigh...

When will people finally realize that preseason strength of schedule rankings mean NOTHING?  Historically, there's usually a 50% turnover among NFL playoff teams year to year.  There are always a few surprisingly bad teams and a few surprisingly good teams.  Virtually no one picked us to win the NFCS last year and have a 12-4 record.  Literally no one thought that the Texans would've gone on to score the #1 overall pick after most people picked them to win their division.

We may end up having a really tough schedule, but then again, we may end up having a surprisingly easy schedule.  No way of knowing.

#10 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,068 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

"You have to play us.."

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Losing Ginn and Mitchell are huge. Many may not remember but I wont forget that one forced fumble Mitchell had during the Rams game that shifted all the momentum to us. Our schedule is hell this year as well. At Baltimore, at Green Bay, not to mention our tough division. Im seeing a 7-8 wins max. I hate to be the downer here but just too many factors at play. Cam still being fresh off ankle surgery and not being as big in the running game, the loss of a good return game in Ginn, the loss of Mitchell, brand new WR corps with very little chemistry with Cam.

Because of our stout D, I see 7-8 wins, if not for our D, I would put us in the 5 win range. The wild card is Benjamin, if our D stays healthy and Benjamin and Cam can turn into Dalton/Green 2.0 and our D remains top 5, then sure, 10 or so wins very doable.

So you can predict at this point that no other people will step up and do what ginn and Mitchell did?

Ok. I wanted both to stay here but I'm not an idiot

#12 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Stop looking at how "scary" other teams are and start looking at how scary we are to teams. Our defense is BIG TIME! A stout d always gives you at least a chance. Factor in that we have Cameron Jerrell Newton at the helm and we always have a chance! It's the NFL man every week is tough!!!

#13 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

So you can predict at this point that no other people will step up and do what ginn and Mitchell did?

Ok. I wanted both to stay here but I'm not an idiot

yo! This is my kind of thinking! These two were thought of as scrubs before last season

#14 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,336 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I see the Rams making the playoffs and the 9ers sitting at home this year.

There would be riots. And they're bandwagon would suddenly stop

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#15 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm not buying into the Bucs, Saints, and Falcons being all world all of a sudden like all the taking heads are predicting. I'm going to have to see it before I believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com