Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 players at Each Position

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Drew Blesoe...lol

Posted

One thing to learn is to never count Kobe out.

Posted

Lance is better in every aspect of the game over Klay with the exception of shooting. 

Lance is better than Derozan in every aspect of the game besides athleticism. 

Klay is one of the best shooters in the league though, so that kind of makes a difference.  Plus he's solid at other aspects of the game that people dont like to give him credit for

Derozan was a better scorer than Lance last year, without a doubt

Posted

Is this As of right now or as of last year? I know Paul George is probably a top 5 SF. What about Kevin Martin as a top 5 sf? Deng could be a top 5 sf it all depends on health. Chris bosh is a top 5 PF or center which ever position you chose and Wade has still been a top 5 SG despite injuries. Monte Ellis and Dirk could be on the list and so could Al Horford.

I don't see no love for Rondo. He is top pg. Conley could be on the list as well. Pg is deep and it depends on your preference, do you want a scorer or playmaker pg?

Also no love for Gortat as top center ?

I don't see Beal or Waiters as top 5 SG as of yet.

Both Gasols are top 5 in my opinion.

Also what about Drew Bledsoe?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Drew Bledsoe? I think he retired from the NFL awhile ago, so I'm not sure why he'd be a top NBA player...

Pau Gasol a top 5 player? Lol. According to your logic you might as well make the every NBA player a top 5 player.

Posted

PG - Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Irving

SG - Harden, Derozan, Stephenson, Thompson, Wade (If he stays healthy)

SF - Lebron, KD, Anthony, George, Leonard

PF - Aldridge, Griffin, Love, Nowitzki, Bosh (Even though he's primarily a center)

C - Noah, Howard, Jefferson, Cousins, Gasol

1 person likes this

Posted

PG - Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Irving

SG - Harden, Derozan, Stephenson, Thompson, Wade (If he stays healthy)

SF - Lebron, KD, Anthony, George, Leonard

PF - Aldridge, Griffin, Love, Nowitzki, Bosh (Even though he's primarily a center)

C - Noah, Howard, Jefferson, Cousins, Gasol

I agree with everything besides not including Wall or Anthony Davis.  I would ax Irving since he's not a two way player, and I would take Davis over Nowitzki and Bosh next season.  If you're talking about the future in general Davis would be my #1 PF.  

Posted

I agree with everything besides not including Wall or Anthony Davis.  I would ax Irving since he's not a two way player, and I would take Davis over Nowitzki and Bosh next season.  If you're talking about the future in general Davis would be my #1 PF.  

You axe Irving for not being a two way player and have Harden number 1 who is atrocious at D? 

Posted

Drew Bledsoe? I think he retired from the NFL awhile ago, so I'm not sure why he'd be a top NBA player...

Pau Gasol a top 5 player? Lol. According to your logic you might as well make the every NBA player a top 5 player.

Whoops Eric Bledsoe. Pau Gasol was a beast until he got into the wrong system

Posted

PG

1. Chris Paul

2. Tony Parker

3. Steph Curry

4. Russ Westbrook

5. Damian Lillard

Honorables - Rondo, Lowry, Holiday, Rose, Kemba, Kyrie, Lawson, Wall, Dragic

SG (Didn't realize how shitty the SG class currently is in the NBA until now)

1. James Harden

2. Demar DeRozan

3. Kobe Bryant

4. Brad Beal

5. Lance Stephenson, only for the lack of a better choice.

Honorable - Thompson

SF

1. Lebron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Paul George (Injury aside)

4. Carmelo Anthony

5. Kawhi Leonard

Honorables - Batum, Parsons, Igoudala

PF

1. LaMarcus Aldridge

2. Kevin Love

3. Blake Griffin

4. Anthony Davis

5. Tim Duncan

Honorables - Millsap, Lee, Bosh

C

1. Joakim Noah

2. Dwight Howard

3. Al Jefferson

4. Marc Gasol

5. Al Horford

Honorables - Vucevic, Drummond, Cousins, Jordan

2 people like this

Posted

SG (Didn't realize how shitty the SG class currently is in the NBA until now)

1. James Harden

2. Demar DeRozan

3. Kobe Bryant

4. Brad Beal

5. Lance Stephenson, only for the lack of a better choice.

Honorable - Thompson

C

1. Joakim Noah

2. Dwight Howard

3. Al Jefferson

4. Marc Gasol

5. Al Horford

Honorables - Vucevic, Drummond, Cousins, Jordan

Explain to me how Derozan is better than Lance. 

Lance shoots better from the field AND 3. Lance has better handles, superior passer, is a better rebounder, and a better defender. 

You just look and see he averages 20+"ppg but didnt take the time to check his % and shot attempts? Dude nearly attempts 20 shots a game. 

The only thing Derozan has on Lance is athleticism imo. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, all I look at is PPG, which is the same reason I think Noah is the best Center in the game.

Derozan is a monster and if you watch enough of their games and follow them a little bit, you'd see how good he's been the past couple of years.

Lance is overrated by both Hornets fans (especially Hornets fans) and most NBA fans. Until he proves that he can be consistent over time and become a bigger factor for his team, then maybe I'd put him over some of the other guys.

Lance shoots better from the field AND 3. Lance has better handles, superior passer, is a better rebounder, and a better defender.

You just look and see he averages 20+"ppg but didnt take the time to check his % and shot attempts? Dude nearly attempts 20 shots a game.

Posted

Lance may have better percentages last year, but he had the advantage of a better supporting cast and a smaller role in the team.  Everyone knows that once you start looking for your own shot and taking more shots, your shooting % goes down, so it makes sense that Derozan shot a worse % while scoring 9 more pts/game.  Derozan had a much bigger burden to create and run the offense, as shown in their usage% (28 vs. 19)

I would also say that at the moment, Derozan is a better ball handler than Lance.  Lance is effective off the dribble at creating for himself and others, but is often out of control and turns the ball over at a much higher rate (Lance's turnover% is 18 vs. Derozan's 9.5).  Plus Derozan can already get to the line at an elite level

Lance made a big jump last season from the year before, and if he continues to develop his game he could easily be better than Derozan this year.  But he is not better at the moment