Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best wishes to Paul George

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I've decided not to watch the video clip. Prayers go out to PG24 for a speedy recovery.

Posted

All because that stupid f*cking stadium made the backstop 2 feet closer than NBA. Probably to fit more fans and cameramen in. F*ck man this is just so horrific.

Posted

I didn't watch the video. What caused him to roll it?

Posted

I've always thought the backstops for goals were too close.  The safest goals are like the ones in Cameron....beams from the ceiling.

Posted

Chasing down a block from behind at full speed. The stanchion was so close to the court that as he fell down instead of finishing the fall and at worst rolling his ankle, as he's falling, his lower leg is stopped by the stanchion and his forward momentum is so great that it snaps his entire lower leg.

He's fortunate the knee didn't go with it and it's just a tibial/fibial fracture. Not quite Kevin Ware disastrous, but way too close.

Posted

He went up and came down hard right up against the backstop. His foot had nowhere to slide so it snapped.

I've always thought the backstops for goals were too close.  The safest goals are like the ones in Cameron....beams from the ceiling.

Can't do that in major arenas, only shacks like Cameron.

It is what it is. Freak accidents happen. It's a shame. If I were a Pacers fan I'd be depressed.

Posted

He went up and came down hard right up against the backstop. His foot had nowhere to slide so it snapped.

Can't do that in major arenas, only shacks like Cameron.

It is what it is. Freak accidents happen. It's a shame. If I were a Pacers fan I'd be depressed.

I know it would be tough in an NBA arena, but still those things need to be at least  10 to 12 feet out of bounds.  Pacer fans are depressed.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?98546-OMFG-gt-gt-Paul-G-is-hurt-and-it-looks-bad

Posted

I know it would be tough in an NBA arena, but still those things need to be at least  10 to 12 feet out of bounds.  Pacer fans are depressed.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?98546-OMFG-gt-gt-Paul-G-is-hurt-and-it-looks-bad

Way too much of an overreaction but I'm not the one wearing the blue and gold glasses and it's very understandable. The Pacers can't tank because their roster is too locked in to salaries that are very difficult to move without giving up future assets and it's simply too good of a roster.

Chicago got to the playoffs without Rose twice so it's not like it's a daunting task. The problem is Chicago had a better bench, better coaching, and better all-around talent than the current Pacers roster. Most importantly, they had role players step up and become impact players, Joakim Noah being the most renowned. If Hill and Hibbert and West can play like they've shown in the past with this team, the playoffs aren't out of the question, but that's the only way they have a chance this season.

However, even if they don't make it in, but some of their roster develops or gets back into form, adding PG in 2016 only helps. Ironically, Derrick Rose looked to be having a very good game tonight.

Losing Lance signaled that there were cracks in the armor because of past moves made by the Pacers management, but losing George signals that whatever championship window they had with this group might slam shut before it even gets started. Tough month for that fanbase.

1 person likes this

Posted

Way too much of an overreaction but I'm not the one wearing the blue and gold glasses and it's very understandable. The Pacers can't tank because their roster is too locked in to salaries that are very difficult to move without giving up future assets and it's simply too good of a roster.

Chicago got to the playoffs without Rose twice so it's not like it's a daunting task. The problem is Chicago had a better bench, better coaching, and better all-around talent than the current Pacers roster. Most importantly, they had role players step up and become impact players, Joakim Noah being the most renowned. If Hill and Hibbert and West can play like they've shown in the past with this team, the playoffs aren't out of the question, but that's the only way they have a chance this season.

However, even if they don't make it in, but some of their roster develops or gets back into form, adding PG in 2016 only helps. Ironically, Derrick Rose looked to be having a very good game tonight.

Losing Lance signaled that there were cracks in the armor because of past moves made by the Pacers management, but losing George signals that whatever championship window they had with this group might slam shut before it even gets started. Tough month for that fanbase.

Ultimately PG is going to be fine. It was a horrendous and I feel bad for the physical pain that he has to deal with.He seems like a good person and it's very unfortunate. My thoughts go out to him.  I know he's going to deal with a lot psychologically.  At least he's blessed enough to be in the position he's in.  He's going to get great care and he's financially secure, he's much more equipped to deal with this sort of an injury then most of us.  As far as the Pacers go....well I guess I'm a little insensitive.  All I see is top 4 seed now.  They talked a lot of crap about us on that mb after the Stephenson signing so I guess Karma's a bitch.  I know it's too soon, but it's how I feel.

Posted

Clean break, surgery went well. No new damage found, most likely George will miss the full season, but could be back in 6-7 months if he pushes it.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Posted

Best wishes to Paul George. Never want to see injuries in sports especially major injuries.

Posted

Oh my that is gnarly. Hopefully he can return in a year or two