Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Best wishes to Paul George

56 posts in this topic

Brutal. I think you can actually hear it snap.

That's perhaps the worst sports injury ever behind kevin ware.

Not cool. Injuries are brutal. Best wishes for speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I've decided not to watch the video clip. Prayers go out to PG24 for a speedy recovery.

All because that stupid f*cking stadium made the backstop 2 feet closer than NBA. Probably to fit more fans and cameramen in. F*ck man this is just so horrific.

I didn't watch the video. What caused him to roll it?

I've always thought the backstops for goals were too close.  The safest goals are like the ones in Cameron....beams from the ceiling.

Chasing down a block from behind at full speed. The stanchion was so close to the court that as he fell down instead of finishing the fall and at worst rolling his ankle, as he's falling, his lower leg is stopped by the stanchion and his forward momentum is so great that it snaps his entire lower leg.

He's fortunate the knee didn't go with it and it's just a tibial/fibial fracture. Not quite Kevin Ware disastrous, but way too close.

He went up and came down hard right up against the backstop. His foot had nowhere to slide so it snapped.

I've always thought the backstops for goals were too close.  The safest goals are like the ones in Cameron....beams from the ceiling.

Can't do that in major arenas, only shacks like Cameron.

It is what it is. Freak accidents happen. It's a shame. If I were a Pacers fan I'd be depressed.