• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

He went up and came down hard right up against the backstop. His foot had nowhere to slide so it snapped.

Can't do that in major arenas, only shacks like Cameron.

It is what it is. Freak accidents happen. It's a shame. If I were a Pacers fan I'd be depressed.

I know it would be tough in an NBA arena, but still those things need to be at least  10 to 12 feet out of bounds.  Pacer fans are depressed.

http://www.pacersdig...nd-it-looks-bad

#32 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

I know it would be tough in an NBA arena, but still those things need to be at least  10 to 12 feet out of bounds.  Pacer fans are depressed.

http://www.pacersdig...nd-it-looks-bad

Way too much of an overreaction but I'm not the one wearing the blue and gold glasses and it's very understandable. The Pacers can't tank because their roster is too locked in to salaries that are very difficult to move without giving up future assets and it's simply too good of a roster.

Chicago got to the playoffs without Rose twice so it's not like it's a daunting task. The problem is Chicago had a better bench, better coaching, and better all-around talent than the current Pacers roster. Most importantly, they had role players step up and become impact players, Joakim Noah being the most renowned. If Hill and Hibbert and West can play like they've shown in the past with this team, the playoffs aren't out of the question, but that's the only way they have a chance this season.

However, even if they don't make it in, but some of their roster develops or gets back into form, adding PG in 2016 only helps. Ironically, Derrick Rose looked to be having a very good game tonight.

Losing Lance signaled that there were cracks in the armor because of past moves made by the Pacers management, but losing George signals that whatever championship window they had with this group might slam shut before it even gets started. Tough month for that fanbase.

#33 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

Way too much of an overreaction but I'm not the one wearing the blue and gold glasses and it's very understandable. The Pacers can't tank because their roster is too locked in to salaries that are very difficult to move without giving up future assets and it's simply too good of a roster.

Chicago got to the playoffs without Rose twice so it's not like it's a daunting task. The problem is Chicago had a better bench, better coaching, and better all-around talent than the current Pacers roster. Most importantly, they had role players step up and become impact players, Joakim Noah being the most renowned. If Hill and Hibbert and West can play like they've shown in the past with this team, the playoffs aren't out of the question, but that's the only way they have a chance this season.

However, even if they don't make it in, but some of their roster develops or gets back into form, adding PG in 2016 only helps. Ironically, Derrick Rose looked to be having a very good game tonight.

Losing Lance signaled that there were cracks in the armor because of past moves made by the Pacers management, but losing George signals that whatever championship window they had with this group might slam shut before it even gets started. Tough month for that fanbase.

Ultimately PG is going to be fine. It was a horrendous and I feel bad for the physical pain that he has to deal with.He seems like a good person and it's very unfortunate. My thoughts go out to him.  I know he's going to deal with a lot psychologically.  At least he's blessed enough to be in the position he's in.  He's going to get great care and he's financially secure, he's much more equipped to deal with this sort of an injury then most of us.  As far as the Pacers go....well I guess I'm a little insensitive.  All I see is top 4 seed now.  They talked a lot of crap about us on that mb after the Stephenson signing so I guess Karma's a bitch.  I know it's too soon, but it's how I feel.

#34 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

Clean break, surgery went well. No new damage found, most likely George will miss the full season, but could be back in 6-7 months if he pushes it.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#35 wingswithsting

wingswithsting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

Best wishes to Paul George. Never want to see injuries in sports especially major injuries.

#36 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Oh my that is gnarly. Hopefully he can return in a year or two

#37 wingswithsting

wingswithsting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

Almost as bad as the Kevin Ware injury. This is tough for each player and Coach there. No matter if you are a UNC, Duke, State, or fan of whoever, imagine how hard this was for Coach K. and Mason Plumlee. They were there for the Kevin Ware injury, and this one also. Most players or coaches don't see a injury this bad, they have seen it twice. Forget them being from Duke, this is the US team we should all be behind. Also, a little ironic that Rose was back and playing well in this same game

#38 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,414 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Could only watch it once. Just brutal

#39 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Wow that was just awful.  Best wishes and a speedy recover to PG

#40 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

I wonder what that feels like? I wonder if your body spits out so much adrenaline that you can't really feel the full intensity? I had a minor ankle break one time and what I remember was the nausea.

Prayers for him. Hope he can somehow make a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#41 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

I wonder what that feels like? I wonder if your body spits out so much adrenaline that you can't really feel the full intensity? I had a minor ankle break one time and what I remember was the nausea.

Prayers for him. Hope he can somehow make a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Kevin Ware talked about feeling no pain. Apparently once the pain gets so intense your body turns it off (or something like that)

#42 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Kevin Ware talked about feeling no pain. Apparently once the pain gets so intense your body turns it off (or something like that)

That's probably shock, right? PG had a very calm look on his face when they were putting him on the stretcher and I can only imagine that's what it was.

Sent from my iPhone

#43 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

7 month comeback from that?  HGH is spectacular, but not that spectacular.  he gone for a good long while.  

#44 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

All reports are pointing to very good news: clean break, no ligament/ nerve damage.  Broken bones actually heal much quicker than a lot of knee injuries, so even though this injury looked terrible he should be fully recovered by the start of next season

#45 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,686 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

All reports are pointing to very good news: clean break, no ligament/ nerve damage. Broken bones actually heal much quicker than a lot of knee injuries, so even though this injury looked terrible he should be fully recovered by the start of next season

You mean next next season right?

Edited by Cary Kollins, 02 August 2014 - 11:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users