Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Yep, another Cooks article. Looks like media is loving this guy

Another day at New Orleans Saints training camp, another Brandin Cooks highlight reel.

The first-round rookie has been stealing the show with his dynamic playmaking ability since camp opened. After his six-catch performance on Saturday, Cooks picked up a trail of admirers.

http://www.nfl.com/n...pected-and-more

#2 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

KB got an article too, blah blah back at practice blah blah #1 receiver according to his coaches.

Unfortunately, His little pass caught today over Melvin White didn't make it in

http://www.nfl.com/n...nthers-practice

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,951 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

it's funny because if both WRs were there when the Panthers selected they would have taken KB over Cooks

It's not a slight on Cookie but the best he will be is a Golden Tate. That's his ceiling

#4 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

it's funny because if both WRs were there when the Panthers selected they would have taken KB over Cooks

It's not a slight on Cookie but the best he will be is a Golden Tate. That's his ceiling

Pretty sure Zod said otherwise. Also, Saints got the inch taller Brandon Coleman who has been doing as well as Benjamin the past few days after a rough OTA.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,951 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

The panthers board for WRs went Evans Watkins OBJ and a tie between Lee and KB. KB was that low bc he was raw. People can say otherwise but they'd be incorrect

#6 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

It's incredibly hard for me to believe that anybody had Evans above Watkins and Lee above Cooks.

#7 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

The panthers board for WRs went Evans Watkins OBJ and a tie between Lee and KB. KB was that low bc he was raw. People can say otherwise but they'd be incorrect

Exactly. And, as Jimbo Fisher said, he likely would have been a top 3 pick after another year of refinement. Can you imagine a 5'10, 180 pound top 3 prospect? GTFO.

Edited by ctrcat, 02 August 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,951 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

It's incredibly hard for me to believe that anybody had Evans above Watkins and Lee above Cooks.

meh
It's the measurables like height the panthers were putting a premium on. That's why Cookie was so low

#9 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

It's the measurables like height and speed the panthers were putting a premium on

Understandable, just somewhat faulty I think.

#10 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Golden Tate? Come on man. You can't be serious? Golden Tate isn't near as fast or quick as Cooks. That's a joke.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,951 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Move the chains and red zone

That's what he brings to our team. He's like what Graham is to the Saints

#12 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Exactly. And, as Jimbo Fisher said, he likely would have been a top 3 pick after another year of refinement. Can you imagine a 5'10, 180 pound top 3 prospect? GTFO.

190, but who's counting, other than Panther fans who for 10+ years talked about how size didn't matter in a receiver. The kids got blazing speed, he creates separation naturally in the way that he runs his routes and with his explosiveness, and he's got some of the best hands I've ever seen in a rookie. But go ahead and keep talking about how he's small and had that one drop in that one game.

#13 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

Move the chains and red zone

That's what he brings to our team. He's like what Graham is to the Saints

I understand the thinking. I really do. And he has the potential to be as good as he wants. You want to worry about his hands when you look at his drop rate in college but they seem to be more concentration lapses than a guy that just couldn't catch. Graham is a bit more than a move the chains and red zone guy though. Graham's a legit playmaker from anywhere on the field.

#14 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

190, but who's counting, other than Panther fans who for 10+ years talked about how size didn't matter in a receiver. The kids got blazing speed, he creates separation naturally in the way that he runs his routes and with his explosiveness, and he's got some of the best hands I've ever seen in a rookie. But go ahead and keep talking about how he's small and had that one drop in that one game.

Not just the drop.  Steve Smith simply has that extra screw lose that made him dangerous.  If Cooks spends years (plural) refining HIS game AND plays with his hair on fire like Mel Gibson in Braveheart after they killed his woman all hours of his waking life, then MAYBE he can be in the same paragraph as #89.  Right now, I don't see it.  Not even close. 

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,951 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I understand the thinking. I really do. And he has the potential to be as good as he wants. You want to worry about his hands when you look at his drop rate in college but they seem to be more concentration lapses than a guy that just couldn't catch. Graham is a bit more than a move the chains and red zone guy though. Graham's a legit playmaker from anywhere on the field.

There was a game at FSU where he dropped three passes. He turned around and went out and caught 3TDs that same game. KB has the opportunity to be a more athletic Boldin type WR.

I've had the fiery tiny wr for 10 years. It will be an interesting change...maybe for the better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com