• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Not just the drop. Steve Smith simply has that extra screw lose that made him dangerous. If Cooks spends years (plural) refining HIS game AND plays with his hair on fire like Mel Gibson in Braveheart after they killed his woman all hours of his waking life, then MAYBE he can be in the same paragraph as #89. Right now, I don't see it. Not even close.

You don't have to be half crazy to be small and productive. He's heavier than Desean Jackson who's been productive since he's got in the league. TY Hilton. Randall Cobb. Steve Smith isn't the only small receiver to ever play in the NFL, although his career is on a different level than any I've named because of how long he was able to be as productive as he was.

He doesn't have to be Steve Smith, he just has to a Brandin Cooks, which from all accounts, has been damn good so far.

#17 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Not just the drop.  Steve Smith simply has that extra screw lose that made him dangerous.  If Cooks spends years (plural) refining HIS game AND plays with his hair on fire like Mel Gibson in Braveheart after they killed his woman all hours of his waking life, then MAYBE he can be in the same paragraph as #89.  Right now, I don't see it.  Not even close. 

smith was an extreme outlier and it's true that classifying him as a short guy who played with a chip on his shoulder and had blazing speed and hops is missing half of what made him who he is.  it'd be like classifying jimi hendrix as a guy who was good at guitar.  yeah it's true but there's something else going on there.

#18 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

There was a game at FSU where he dropped three passes. He turned around and went out and caught 3TDs that same game. KB has the opportunity to be a more athletic Boldin type WR.

I've had the fiery tiny wr for 10 years. It will be an interesting change...maybe for the better

That's what I'm saying. His body gives you reason to take a chance in him. At the very least he's huge and drops a few balls.

#19 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

smith was an extreme outlier and it's true that classifying him as a short guy who played with a chip on his shoulder and had blazing speed and hops is missing half of what made him who he is. it'd be like classifying jimi hendrix as a guy who was good at guitar. yeah it's true but there's something else going on there.

Nobody is saying he is Steve Smith, they are just saying he is a similar type player with many of the same tools, just like the owner of this board basically said prior to draft, but I guess he must be a moron too.

#20 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

what made Smith so good was his attitude and toughness.  Speed is everywhere.  Al Davis built a team around speed, and look what that got him.  Someone who can play like Smith is rare.  If you have that in Cooks, hooray for you.  Why don't you go discuss it on the Taints Report where they give a fug.

We'll see how he does after getting flattened by a 250lb LB or hard hitting SS a few times.  And don't give me any poo about his not getting hit, or having played in college he can take a hit.  He hasn't been hit by someone like Thomas Davis, yet.  5'10", 190...hell I'm 5'10", 190.  GTFO.

#21 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Here's how many shits I give about Brandin Cooks:

Edited by Herbert The Love Bug, 10 August 2014 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com