43 replies to this topic

#31 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Cam being the man that he is, is not the star attraction of this team anymore. Luke and TD are! Defense saved our asses last year, and this year we will need that defense even more with the players retired in the offseason. I am far more interested in seeing our defense since we can all pretty much bank on it being what keeps us above .500 for the season

Dumbest poo I ever read on the huddle

#32 Right Hand Arm Man

Right Hand Arm Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationFlailing my way through Life

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

I agree with the sit him out crowd. Let that o-line prove they're worth a damn, and then let him play games 2-4. Cam will need that ankle at 100% or close to it for the season.

so what happens if the o line is as porous as I think it is going to be.?

#33 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Sit him.  Poor weather in the mix too.  Makes too much sense not to.

#34 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

#35 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Considering this is our 1st game and the Bills 2nd game - yea, sit him.

#36 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

Dumbest poo I ever read on the huddle

Welcome to opinions that differ from your own.

Enjoy the graduation and introduction to the free-thinking world where everyone has different ideas and thoughts on various aspects of this or that.

#37 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

Enjoy the graduation and introduction to the free-thinking world where everyone has different ideas and thoughts on various aspects of this or that.

As good as Luke and TD and the defense is, and they carried the team, but the team has only one star. Luke doesn't want to be a star and for Cam it comes natural.

#38 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Joe Webb Era!!!

#39 London Loves Luke

London Loves Luke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Naaaaaah - gotta say you got this one wrong. Go and ask 100 people inside or outside the NFL to name one Panthers player and you'll find out how many say TD. #59 will get more recognition after his DPOTY but Cams been doing it for an extra year, has much more endorsement and makes more high profile plays. 

#40 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

It's not an opinion though. Cam is the face of the franchise. It's a fact.

#41 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Put Cam on S.H.A.D. status...(Sit His Azz Down)...we need him for bigger/better things!

#42 NYPantherFan

NYPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

From Alex Marvez

IMO: No shot Cam plays Fri v. #Bills. Says he's "still kind of reluctant w/mobility" but making daily strides from offseason ankle surgery

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#43 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

It's not an opinion though. Cam is the face of the franchise. It's a fact.

You like some others, seem to misunderstand my comments. Cam may be the star and face of the franchise, but in my opinion he is not the star of the team. Of course he is QB and leader, but I do not believe his play led us to 12-4 last year, nor do I believe he will lead us to equal that or better this year.

Doesnt mean I dont support him 100%, but rather means that (again, in my opinion) our defense was more responsible for our record last year than Cam, and believe the same will be for this year as well. So when asked what I am more interested in seeing from the first preseason game/all of them..then yes, I am most looking forward to seeing our defense, as I believe that despite all that Cam is, the defense will be what carries us again this year.

As a side note, Rivera basically said yesterday that Cam is not yet a franchise qb, and this year is his chance to prove that he belongs in that elite status. Again, I dont mention this because I have some hate for Cam, but rather to point out what I said, which in short amounts to Cam being the "face and media" star, but the defense is what made us (and I believe will) make us contenders this year. When comparing overall contributions of offense vs defense, I cant understand how so many can fail to see this

#44 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

This sucks. I get it. But my Friday is now less interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com