Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love traded to CLE for Wiggins, Bennett, Pick

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Cavs defense is gonna be pretty bad but they will be a lethal and versatile offensive team

Posted

I think Bennett and wiggins will be stars. Depth is better to have than one star in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Bennett and wiggins will be stars. Depth is better to have than one star in my opinion.

What makes you think Bennett will be a star? He had one of the worst rookie performances from a number 1 overall pick in NBA history. I'm not saying he can't develop into a decent player, but he's not going to be a star.

Posted

What makes you think Bennett will be a star? He had one of the worst rookie performances from a number 1 overall pick in NBA history. I'm not saying he can't develop into a decent player, but he's not going to be a star.

Rookie year. He lost weight and had a great summer league. Sometimes players take time to develop. I'm not saying it will be this year but I could see him being an above average player and maybe end up a top 10 PF in the league.

Posted

It will definitely be interesting to see whether Dan Gilbert is willing to go into the luxury tax for multiple years to keep this team together.  There is nothing in the rulebook to keep them from resigning guys like Thompson and Waiters, but the only team willing to go deep into the luxury tax since the new CBA was signed has been the Nets.  Even the Heat owner traded away Mike Miller to stay under the tax last year.

If they are able to keep everyone together, that is gonna be a really great core to build around.  Kyrie- Waiters- Lebron- Love- Varejo- Thompson is a very strong 6 guys, throw in a few vets every year who will sign for cheap and that team could be a title contender for years. 

As for the trade- Cavs gave up way too much.  I understand giving up Wiggins is probably the only way to get it done, but giving up Bennett is rough, and giving up a 1st with them is just silly.  You're gonna need those 1sts to try and find some cheap role players going forward

Posted

I'm not all that high on Wiggins. He can be explosive athletically, but his movements aren't fluid enough for me to think he'll end up being what many think he will be. I do agree that Minnesota has an intriguing team now, with a young nucleus of Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, and Bennet. If those guys develop anywhere close to their potential, Minnesota could be contending in a few years.

2 people like this

Posted

Wiggins is becoming the most overrated player in NBA history.

Potential is there but two years from now at min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see how the Pacers will be a playoff team without Lance and PG

Sent from my iPhone

1 person likes this

Posted

East is probably gonna be

Cavs

Bulls

Raptors

Hornets

Wizards

Heat

Hawks

Pacers

With the Knicks and Nets just missing the playoffs

Cavs

Bulls

Wizards

Hornets

Raptors

Nets

Heat

Hawks

Pacers be lucky to win 20 gms.

Posted

Good trade for both sides. 

Posted

I hope the Hornets stomp their asses repeatedly.

Posted

I like that Wolves team. They should be real fun to watch .