• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

We were the third seed until Al went down.

The third seed didn't make it out of the first round, either.

#17 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • LocationSouth Atlanta

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

The third seed didn't make it out of the first round, either.

What's this thread about again? Seeding, right?

#18 wareagleflyboy

wareagleflyboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Don't doubt the Hawks. W/ Horford back the Spurs lite system we're implementing it wouldn't surprise me if we're a top four seed

Now that Lou is gone we have no more selfish players. J/s.

I think everyone except the Magic have a legit shot of winning the Southeast Division.  You have Horford coming back and didn't lose any major pieces this off season.  I see the Wizards, Hornets, Hawks, and Heat  as being pretty much equal, and it should make for a good season.  

Wall and Beal are a good back court duo, but i don't view them as elite as some make them out to be.  While they are a great offensive duo, they are lacking on defense.  A Kemba and Lance backcourt should negate Wall and Beal with defense and make for good games between the two.

#19 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

What's this thread about again? Seeding, right?

Where do you have the Hawks? What makes them any better than a lower seed in this year's East?

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

EAST
(1) Cleveland
(2) Chicago
(3) Washington
(4) CHARLOTTE
(5) Toronto
(6) Atlanta
(7) Miami
(8) Brooklyn
-
New York
Orlando
Detroit
Boston
Milwaukee
Indiana
Philadelphia

First Round
(1) Cleveland vs. (8) Brooklyn
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Miami
(3) Washington vs. (6) Atlanta
(4) CHARLOTTE vs. (5) Toronto

Conf. Semifinals
(1) Cleveland vs. (4) Charlotte
(2) Chicago vs. (3) Washington

Conf. Finals
(1) Cleveland vs. (2) Chicago

WEST
(1) San Antonio
(2) Dallas
(3) Oklahoma City
(4) Los Angeles Clipps
(5) Portland
(6) Houston
(7) Phoenix
(8) Denver
-
Golden State
Memphis
New Orleans
Los Angeles Lakers
Sacramento
Minnesota
Utah

First Rounds
(1) San Antonio vs. (8) Denver
(2) Dallas vs. (7) Phoenix
(3) OKC vs. (6) Houston
(4) LAC vs. (5) Portland

Conf. Semifinals
(1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland
(2) Dallas vs. (3) OKC

Conf. Finals
(2) Dallas vs. (5) Portland

2014-2015 NBA Finals
(1) Cleveland vs. (2) Dallas W

Edited by carolina-chuck, 10 August 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Where do you have the Hawks? What makes them any better than a lower seed in this year's East?

Healthy Horford + Millsap will be a dominant front court.

Payne will give them an extra boost of energy inside. Thabo will add a nice defensive prescene outside.

#22 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Healthy Horford + Millsap will be a dominant front court.

Payne will give them an extra boost of energy inside. Thabo will add a nice defensive prescene outside.

They were 16-13 when Al Horford went down. Over 82 games that would have put them at the third seed last year like WM said, but did they really improve this offseason to reach that point this season if horford stays healthy? Even the teams taking the big losses (miami and Indiana) aren't going to automatically be in the tank.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

They were 16-13 when Al Horford went down. Over 82 games that would have put them at the third seed last year like WM said, but did they really improve this offseason to reach that point this season if horford stays healthy? Even the teams taking the big losses (miami and Indiana) aren't going to automatically be in the tank.

They were still a very good team last season, esp in the playoffs. They gave hell to Indiana thru 7 gms. Teague is one if the better PG in this league and Millsap is just as underrated as Jefferson. The answer is already on that team.

Edited by carolina-chuck, 10 August 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#24 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • LocationSouth Atlanta

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Nothing less than six. Millsap play like an all-star last year and pairing him w/ a rejuvenated Horford will give us a great frontcourt. We've got shooters in Mack, Scott, and Korver w/ great wing defenders in Carrol and Thabo. and if Teague can play like the solid PG he is, we'll have a very well rounded team. Not expecting anything huge, but a 3-6 seed is a possibility 

#25 Guest_14wlindsey_*

Guest_14wlindsey_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Washington is quickly becoming the most overrated team on this board. They replaced their best overall player with a 90 year old Paul Pierce.

Washington is gonna take a step back. Atlanta is the team I'm worried about in the division.

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Washington is quickly becoming the most overrated team on this board. They replaced their best overall player with a 90 year old Paul Pierce.

Washington is gonna take a step back. Atlanta is the team I'm worried about in the division.

No, bc Wall and Beal are so young and will be even better. Nothing about Pierce.

#27 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

As I said in my little blurp on Washington, I see Ariza leaving hurting them more than people think. He was their best perimeter defender last year by far. Pierce struggled to guard the 3 in Brooklyn, and mostly played the stretch 4 last year. He will be having to guard opposing 3's which he did not do a very good job of last season.

#28 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

Ehh you have to give them credit for the growth I would expect from the young guys in the next year. The roster could have stayed exactly the same and they would have improved just based on growth.

Something similar could have been said about the hornets if the roster didn't turn over.

#29 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

Ehh you have to give them credit for the growth I would expect from the young guys in the next year. The roster could have stayed exactly the same and they would have improved just based on growth.

Something similar could have been said about the hornets if the roster didn't turn over.

Outside of McRoberts, the entire starting lineup is intact with some more additions, and the role players and bench warmers lost are being replaced with younger, higher-upside guys.

#30 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

Outside of McRoberts, the entire starting lineup is intact with some more additions, and the role players and bench warmers lost are being replaced with younger, higher-upside guys.

Agree with that.

My point was that I see many on this board claiming that kemba and Zeller are going to improve and that's going to win us some games--which I agree with. But same could be said for the young players in WAS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users