Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kony Ealy Impresses In Debut

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Ealy made at least 3 impact plays. thats very good for a rook. if you didnt see how disruptive he was (without getting the sacks) then i dont know who you were watching. 

Agree with this, Ealy was flashing on defensive. Looked the part. Usually it's the opposite - look good in training, bad in games. 

1 person likes this

Posted

After watching him last night, I significantly cooled down about his camp outings. He appeared like your standard rookie DE in his debut but he also made an impact on 4-5 plays so I'll take it.

Posted

The Bills had plenty of holes at OL last night.  It was good watching 7th rounder Henderson survive, but without our starting LG and with questions still with who starts I fear the OL might not have time to gel.

Ealy took advantage of timing on every snap.  He quickly beat his man to the first two or three steps and then gained leverage every single time until he either out positioned his opponent or was overpowered.  It will not be long until his strength catches up with the rest of him.

6 people like this

Posted

he was chasing the QB on one play and I was shocked to see his straight line speed...  dude is quick as fug

Posted

yeah, and Gettlemen sucks!

I won the Super Bowl on Madden!

1 person likes this

Posted

#94 has forever been tarnished in my mind

i hope ealy can change that quickly

Posted

Give the kid a year, some bulk and strength training and he will be fine..he needs to be when we decide on the DE's next season

I forgot he was 270 lbs.  Give him a year with the professional strength coach.  Keep his quickness.  Wow.  I hope by year 3 he is a beast along with Hardy.  Be another sweet tandem.

Posted

Kony#2014!!!

Posted

Either with Hardy of C.J....wont be both

Posted

Only negative thing I saw with Ealy was conditioning. 

Posted

#94 has forever been tarnished in my mind

i hope ealy can change that quickly

The way he wears the forearm sleeves is too similar to the fat #94 of the past as well - Kindal Moorehead, lol.

On topic though, I noticed Ealy a few times throughout the game but, I would still take Hardy going into next season over Ealy. The spin move for the sack by Kraken was a thing of beauty.

Posted

He looked like a more athletic Charles Johnson in his rookie year. That's a good thing. 

1 person likes this