39 replies to this topic

#16 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

he was chasing the QB on one play and I was shocked to see his straight line speed...  dude is quick as fug

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,575 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

yeah, and Gettlemen sucks!

I won the Super Bowl on Madden!

#18 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

#94 has forever been tarnished in my mind

i hope ealy can change that quickly

#19 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Give the kid a year, some bulk and strength training and he will be fine..he needs to be when we decide on the DE's next season

I forgot he was 270 lbs.  Give him a year with the professional strength coach.  Keep his quickness.  Wow.  I hope by year 3 he is a beast along with Hardy.  Be another sweet tandem.

#20 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Kony#2014!!!

#21 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

Either with Hardy of C.J....wont be both

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

Only negative thing I saw with Ealy was conditioning. 

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

#94 has forever been tarnished in my mind

i hope ealy can change that quickly

The way he wears the forearm sleeves is too similar to the fat #94 of the past as well - Kindal Moorehead, lol.

On topic though, I noticed Ealy a few times throughout the game but, I would still take Hardy going into next season over Ealy. The spin move for the sack by Kraken was a thing of beauty.

#24 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

He looked like a more athletic Charles Johnson in his rookie year. That's a good thing. 

#25 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

The way he wears the forearm sleeves is too similar to the fat #94 of the past as well - Kindal Moorehead, lol.

On topic though, I noticed Ealy a few times throughout the game but, I would still take Hardy going into next season over Ealy. The spin move for the sack by Kraken was a thing of beauty.

oh for sure. conditioning was a major issue with him. Which makes me think he just didn't realize how intense the NFL is.

but he flashed on the tv. and it was nice to see. And he gave 100% effort even though he was winded. You can tell he's got a ton of people in his corner so he must be a really good dude too.

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

It was only his first preseason game, but he's already getting respect from Thomas Davis, I like it.

Edited by TheRed, 09 August 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#27 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,627 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Wrong. Ealy sucked balls and we have the testimony of several very smart huddler's to prove it. He wasn't the one man wrecking crew Gettleman promised he would be out of the game.

Just wait until the disappointed armchair GM's see you in the streets in NODA. You'll wish you were BACK on the field EVERY DAY with the players and coaches to put your blind optimism and ignorance on full display.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#28 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

oh for sure. conditioning was a major issue with him. Which makes me think he just didn't realize how intense the NFL is.

but he flashed on the tv. and it was nice to see. And he gave 100% effort even though he was winded. You can tell he's got a ton of people in his corner so he must be a really good dude too.

If he did in the regular season what he did last night I wont mind.  He will most likely only be in on 3rd downs.  So Conditioning will come over the season and shouldnt be a factor. 

#29 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,796 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Only negative thing I saw with Ealy was conditioning.

He was sucking wind at a few points

It'll come in due time

#30 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

He's lucky that he is on a team with such talented, hardworking, stand-up guys like Thomas and Luke, CJ. Guys that lead by example. Ealy will benefit from this on and off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

That is why I get excited by the guys we bring in every year.  With the core we have now, we can bring in guys and they will have to adapt.  Not going 100%, someone will call you out.  Miss your assignment, called out.  If you consistently miss your assignment, someone will replace you.  If you are being a distraction or have issues off the field, they will talk with you and not alienate you from the team.  Carolina is growing into a team where if you have the talent and are coachable, you can succeed here.  That is what Gettleman was doing this offseason, by turning the team over to Cam and Luke.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL, Kony Ealy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com