Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kelvin Benjamin - Aside from the touchdown....

198 posts in this topic

Posted

There is no other way to put this: the first round pick is shaping up to be a slam dunk that we would have been happy with regardless of where we picked.

4 people like this

Posted

The one thing I noticed about him is he has the "it" factor. I firmly believe you either have it or you don't. Trying not to be a home but I truly believe Kelvin is going to be an amazing WR - possibly year 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

5 people like this

Posted

A few observations:

Gilmore looked hardly himself last night, disinterested and not full go.  On the TD mentioned he failed to bother to turn his head; if he had done so the pass is easily deflected.  Also, it was funny watching Gilmore watch Benjamin - he gave up and figured Benjamin would have done the same once the contact was made.  If that was the average veteran player at WR, they'd have given up to, at least IMO.  Benjamin has something to prove, a rookie and he got in a tough catch.

Gilmore struggled a bit last season early after recovering from a broken hand and the contact rules have really messed with him.

Posted

Him throwing the corner on the ground.... I'm going to faint.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

A few observations:

Gilmore looked hardly himself last night, disinterested and not full go. On the TD mentioned he failed to bother to turn his head; if he had done so the pass is easily deflected. Also, it was funny watching Gilmore watch Benjamin - he gave up and figured Benjamin would have done the same once the contact was made. If that was the average veteran player at WR, they'd have given up to, at least IMO. Benjamin has something to prove, a rookie and he got in a tough catch.

Gilmore struggled a bit last season early after recovering from a broken hand and the contact rules have really messed with him.

What play were you watching? Happy Gilmore had no chance of a deflection. Nice cover up for a dude that got OWNED last night.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

7 people like this

Posted

When Cam looks deep into KB's eyes he sees shiny Lombardi trophies. Well, either that or they might really just be gay for each other. Who knows.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd say he looked intimidated.

And rightfully so.

I am not the biggest Gilmore fan, I like McKelvin a little more.  But, I cannot imagine Gilmore being intimidated.  The guy plays without emotion or expression.  Go back to the time he was drafted he is on stage showing no emotion and you'll be hard pressed to find a press conference where he is smiling or showing any emotion.

Posted

A few observations:

Gilmore looked hardly himself last night, disinterested and not full go. On the TD mentioned he failed to bother to turn his head; if he had done so the pass is easily deflected. Also, it was funny watching Gilmore watch Benjamin - he gave up and figured Benjamin would have done the same once the contact was made. If that was the average veteran player at WR, they'd have given up to, at least IMO. Benjamin has something to prove, a rookie and he got in a tough catch.

Don't kid yourself, Benjamin is a WR with an OLB/DE frame. There won't be many (if any) DBs that can match his strength and momentum. It wouldn't have mattered if Gilmore was himself last night. He'd still be slammed to the ground by Kelvin 9 out of 10 times.

3 people like this