Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Kelvin Benjamin - Aside from the touchdown....

198 posts in this topic

Yawn stretch, lol that Bills guy was just waiting to come back wasnt he?

Funny how I just read an article that said most narcissists will flat out tell you that they are one. You dont have to wonder, they will flat out tell you that they think theyre smarter than they are.

To which my reply would be what my mother always used to say...

If you have to tell me how how smart you are, you're not.

To which my reply would be what my mother always used to say...

If you have to tell me how how smart you are, you're not.

so true. . so true

Welp....

that pretty much said it all.

Not that it matters getting in to what could have or might have...  but in most games I think Benjamin gets McKelvin.  He is far more athletic and faster then Gilmore.  He would have been able to keep up and get in to position much more easily then Gilmore.  And, slammed to the ground - nah, because they'd have just pulled the CB back 5 yards and any contact would be illegal.  Also, they'd have gone to a cover 4.

From the limited amount I saw of KB I have to believe the best way to cover him in the NFL is to intercept and cut him off in motion with the safety.  There is little to not reason to not double team him because there are no viable threats to catch a cold on the team.  Double coverage on KB will be done from his first snap in his first game.  Against the Bucs you will likely see the CB play inside and under on KB, avoid nearly all contact and let Goldson cover the top.  Goldson will likely even be the first player to make contact.  Being that he only ran a 4.61 Benjamin isn't blowing by anyone and defenders have a better chance at jumping his route then they do actually stopping him.  He's just too big and powerful.

If you can keep him outside it will be even easier but a nearly impossible task to do. 

He blew by Gilmore on the TD pass. 

As soon as someone refers to the scoreboard in a preseason game, you know they've ran out of rational, logical arguments.

3 people like this

He blew by Gilmore on the TD pass. 

Is that so hard for him to admit?

Geesh!

As soon as someone refers to the scoreboard in a preseason game, you know they've ran out of rational, logical arguments.

Oh so I guess we shouldn't keep score? Like the Nazis didn't keep track of the number of people they killed?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Is that so hard for him to admit?

Geesh!

Kelvin Benjamin is a bona fide Calvin Johnson type player.  He is going to dominate because he has the work ethic to go with the talent.  He will get more knowledgeable and more savvy in the first couple of years.  Get used to it man.  Its going to be "he is not fast".  Well he blew by the guy on that play.  "He can't catch".  Well did you see him make that catch over double coverage?  Its going to be like Cam all over again and I will defend KB's game as vehemently as I did Cam.

1 person likes this

At one point, Buffalo Bills corner and former Gamecock Stephon Gilmore was tasked with pressing Benjamin at the line. The result was Gilmore being thrown to the ground as Benjamin effortlessly completed his route. The last place a NFL defensive back wants to be just after the ball is snapped is on his back. It's not a good look.

Keep in mind Gilmore is a respectable six foot one inch corner.

Kelvin2BBenjamin-1.jpg

https://vine.co/v/MVjW711z6VU 

This may have helped with getting Gilmore to the ground

1 person likes this

That 20 year patch looks nice on the Uniforms. 

Kelvin Benjamin is a bona fide Calvin Johnson type player.  He is going to dominate because he has the work ethic to go with the talent.  He will get more knowledgeable and more savvy in the first couple of years.  Get used to it man.  Its going to be "he is not fast".  Well he blew by the guy on that play.  "He can't catch".  Well did you see him make that catch over double coverage?  Its going to be like Cam all over again and I will defend KB's game as vehemently as I did Cam.

Unfortunately, sometimes people make comments about players for no reason, and/or with out context, then try to continually justify it.

The irony is: Kelvin could turn out to be as talented at WR, that Cam is at QB.

KB's not slow. He just had some sloppy starts in his 40 times. You could see that (along with him getting separation on the field). Saying he dropped some balls, doesn't tell us much as he was a developing player the early part of the year.

Obviously, KB has arrived now.

2 people like this

I was a critic of KB going into the draft. I'm not going to say why bc in hindsight I'll he reasons were pretty stupid. I'm very glad we drafted him though he'll do some great things this yr. Another thing I loved seeing was that he and cam were almost always together on the sidelines. That chemistry is important.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

3 people like this