Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Kelvin Benjamin - Aside from the touchdown....

I am actually surprised the Mods have allowed him to stick around in this thread. The dude should have been banned 3 pages ago when he continuously attempted to hijack this thread and make it more about the Bills' "disinterested" CB, rather than the OP...

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Bills players seem to look disinterested a lot in the regular season as well

That's what happens when you haven't won your division since the early 2000s

I am actually surprised the Mods have allowed him to stick around in this thread. The dude should have been banned 3 pages ago when he continuously attempted to hijack this thread and make it more about the Bills' "disinterested" CB, rather than the OP...

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I don't know why trolls are allowed to stick around for so long.

I know Jerry doesn't take players with issues but could you guys imagine if we got DORRELL GREEN BECKHAM next yr and step on diggs for the slot

Sent from my SGH-T889 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I still dont get how he even saw that ball.

It's called "Natural Big time WR Skills; something Panther have haven't seen since the hey day of Steve Smith.

Let me be the first to say, I think the Panthers "Ball control offense" will be run by their passing game, as they'll find it easier with Kelvin (and/or the double teams he creates) to pass the ball than run it.

Eventually (and hopefully) of course, they'll be able to run the ball based off their passing results. But I think Cam will have close to or over 4000 yards again.

Not that it matters getting in to what could have or might have...  but in most games I think Benjamin gets McKelvin.  He is far more athletic and faster then Gilmore.  He would have been able to keep up and get in to position much more easily then Gilmore.  And, slammed to the ground - nah, because they'd have just pulled the CB back 5 yards and any contact would be illegal.  Also, they'd have gone to a cover 4.

From the limited amount I saw of KB I have to believe the best way to cover him in the NFL is to intercept and cut him off in motion with the safety.  There is little to not reason to not double team him because there are no viable threats to catch a cold on the team.  Double coverage on KB will be done from his first snap in his first game.  Against the Bucs you will likely see the CB play inside and under on KB, avoid nearly all contact and let Goldson cover the top.  Goldson will likely even be the first player to make contact.  Being that he only ran a 4.61 Benjamin isn't blowing by anyone and defenders have a better chance at jumping his route then they do actually stopping him.  He's just too big and powerful.

If you can keep him outside it will be even easier but a nearly impossible task to do. 

I kind of hope they DO give KB the attention you describe. I think your estimation of the lack of talent among the other WRs is a bit off base. They may not be Pro Bowlers (yet),but they have some skills. Cotchery and Avant are sure handed if a little long int he tooth. Bersin, King, and Lucas show quite a lot of promise. And if that all fails, there's still Olsen and Dickson at TE as a passing option. If the opposing defenses make KB the main focus, that's going to leave a lot of other people open for business. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, they also serve who draw coverage off the other offensive weapons!

It's called "Natural Big time WR Skills; something Panther have haven't seen since the hey day of Steve Smith.

Let me be the first to say, I think the Panthers "Ball control offense" will be run by their passing game, as they'll find it easier with Kelvin (and/or the double teams he creates) to pass the ball than run it.

Eventually (and hopefully) of course, they'll be able to run the ball based off their passing results. But I think Cam will have close to or over 4000 yards again.

I think you are right. I actually see our control passing game with KB, Olsen, Dickson, etc will actually set up the running game.

our last four first round picks:

Cam

Luke

Star

KB

There's no way any other NFL team has had close to that success, right?  In the first round

What play were you watching? Happy Gilmore had no chance of a deflection. Nice cover up for a dude that got OWNED last night.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

i agree. Gilmore was a yard or two behind Benjamin and i doubt he could have gotten his hands where they would have needed to be to deflect that pass away from Benjamin

1) "There is little to not reason to not double team him because there are no viable threats to catch a cold on the team."

2) "Double coverage on KB will be done from his first snap in his first game."

3) "Being that he only ran a 4.61 Benjamin isn't blowing by anyone and defenders have a better chance at jumping his route then they do actually stopping him."

1) you obviously didnt watch the same game last night, and havent been following the Panthers' training camp. our receivers performed well against the Bills secondary when Matt Blanchard wasnt throwing the ball. also, Cotchery, Avant, Bersin, and King have been showing out in camp with Cam throwing to them. but sure... keep believing that we have no-one to throw to aside from KB.

2) perhaps. and if his performance against Gilmore is any indication, he'll burn both defenders and still catch the ball... probably over their heads. but if you arent convinced of that, then you need to do some research and take a look at all the weapons Carolina suddenly seems to have in the passing game. i just went over that in #1 so feel free to read it again. k thnx

I don't get my info from ESPN.  Strictly Bleacher Report.  It's got the best stuff!

Gilmore was beat off the snap, and badly.

first of all, see #3 from the previous quote of yours that i listed. please make up your mind. Is Benjamin incapable of blowing past defenders or not? i dont understand. isnt part of "blowing past a defender" also beating them off the snap? i mean... 9 times out of 10, if you dont beat a CB off the snap, you probably wont blow past him. So far, KB has demonstrated that he is capable of beating a starting quality corner both off the snap, and mid-route. lets stop the hate now. k thnx

also... later in this thread, you denied that you get your information from Bleacher Report. i see you like to change your opinions and stories quickly so i will ask you again, which is it? do you get your info from them or not? if so... you are severely misled. same thing if you get your Panthers info from ESPN (deportes or not, its all ESPN) or SI. the best Panthers coverage comes from our MFCEO here on the Huddle (this is no joke, Jeremy is awesome and as objective as a Panther fan can be) and from Bill Voth on Black and Blue Review. if you are going to try to argue with Panthers fans about a Panthers player, it might be best to get quality Panthers information.... #justsaying

I think you are right. I actually see our control passing game with KB, Olsen, Dickson, etc will actually set up the running game.

I get the same feeling Hatter.

Remember, in Cam's first year, they passed more the first 8 games? Then, during the second half of the season, the run game was able to take advantage (especially when the Panthers had leads and started winning)?

Well, unless things change dramatically, the run game has been too unreliable, outside of Tolbert.

However (as you mentioned) with the likes of Cam, Benji, Olsen, Cotchery, Dickson, and Tolbert out the backfield, it would be too easy for the Panthers to gain yardage this way, instead of the abysmal running game outside of Cam and Tolbert.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lorimark