Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kelvin Benjamin - Aside from the touchdown....

198 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We need another guy to put on the other side of him. 2 Titan wide receivers to throw too.

Posted · Report post

A few observations:

Gilmore looked hardly himself last night, disinterested and not full go. On the TD mentioned he failed to bother to turn his head; if he had done so the pass is easily deflected. Also, it was funny watching Gilmore watch Benjamin - he gave up and figured Benjamin would have done the same once the contact was made. If that was the average veteran player at WR, they'd have given up to, at least IMO. Benjamin has something to prove, a rookie and he got in a tough catch.

Gilmore struggled a bit last season early after recovering from a broken hand and the contact rules have really messed with him.

This. This a thousand times over. I don't know why all these stupid Panther fans on this stupid Panther forum thought that play, or any for that matter, had anything to do with Kelvin "I wish I was in Buffalo" Benjamin.

Gilmore, as a professional athlete was happy to just let a rookie abuse him in every facet of the game. He wanted to help the rook's confidence si he took a dive and hoped his teammates would either not notice, or not catch it in film study on Monday.

Glad you're here to set the record straight. We can't have fans getting excited about elite prospects who exceed expectations from day 1 and shine bright in their first live action as pro's.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I am actually surprised the Mods have allowed him to stick around in this thread. The dude should have been banned 3 pages ago when he continuously attempted to hijack this thread and make it more about the Bills' "disinterested" CB, rather than the OP...

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

Bills players seem to look disinterested a lot in the regular season as well

That's what happens when you haven't won your division since the early 2000s
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am actually surprised the Mods have allowed him to stick around in this thread. The dude should have been banned 3 pages ago when he continuously attempted to hijack this thread and make it more about the Bills' "disinterested" CB, rather than the OP...

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I don't know why trolls are allowed to stick around for so long.

Posted · Report post

BuffaloBills62 has been around since last year.

Posted · Report post

I know Jerry doesn't take players with issues but could you guys imagine if we got DORRELL GREEN BECKHAM next yr and step on diggs for the slot

Sent from my SGH-T889 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Love the third pic of Gilmore on his back, and I just started the thread (and still there on that pic)!! :thumbsu:

Posted · Report post

I still dont get how he even saw that ball.

It's called "Natural Big time WR Skills; something Panther have haven't seen since the hey day of Steve Smith.

Let me be the first to say, I think the Panthers "Ball control offense" will be run by their passing game, as they'll find it easier with Kelvin (and/or the double teams he creates) to pass the ball than run it.

Eventually (and hopefully) of course, they'll be able to run the ball based off their passing results. But I think Cam will have close to or over 4000 yards again.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not that it matters getting in to what could have or might have...  but in most games I think Benjamin gets McKelvin.  He is far more athletic and faster then Gilmore.  He would have been able to keep up and get in to position much more easily then Gilmore.  And, slammed to the ground - nah, because they'd have just pulled the CB back 5 yards and any contact would be illegal.  Also, they'd have gone to a cover 4.

From the limited amount I saw of KB I have to believe the best way to cover him in the NFL is to intercept and cut him off in motion with the safety.  There is little to not reason to not double team him because there are no viable threats to catch a cold on the team.  Double coverage on KB will be done from his first snap in his first game.  Against the Bucs you will likely see the CB play inside and under on KB, avoid nearly all contact and let Goldson cover the top.  Goldson will likely even be the first player to make contact.  Being that he only ran a 4.61 Benjamin isn't blowing by anyone and defenders have a better chance at jumping his route then they do actually stopping him.  He's just too big and powerful.

If you can keep him outside it will be even easier but a nearly impossible task to do. 

I kind of hope they DO give KB the attention you describe. I think your estimation of the lack of talent among the other WRs is a bit off base. They may not be Pro Bowlers (yet),but they have some skills. Cotchery and Avant are sure handed if a little long int he tooth. Bersin, King, and Lucas show quite a lot of promise. And if that all fails, there's still Olsen and Dickson at TE as a passing option. If the opposing defenses make KB the main focus, that's going to leave a lot of other people open for business. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, they also serve who draw coverage off the other offensive weapons!

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's called "Natural Big time WR Skills; something Panther have haven't seen since the hey day of Steve Smith.

Let me be the first to say, I think the Panthers "Ball control offense" will be run by their passing game, as they'll find it easier with Kelvin (and/or the double teams he creates) to pass the ball than run it.

Eventually (and hopefully) of course, they'll be able to run the ball based off their passing results. But I think Cam will have close to or over 4000 yards again.

I think you are right. I actually see our control passing game with KB, Olsen, Dickson, etc will actually set up the running game.
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

our last four first round picks:

Cam

Luke

Star

KB

There's no way any other NFL team has had close to that success, right?  In the first round

3 people like this