Watkins

Bortles.

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

I'd like to see a few others like Sankey play before I venture a guess. KB will be the #1 wr here this year so the opportunity is there for him m

#3 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Cooks has a decent shot too. Bunch of good rookies in good situations this year. It'll be fun to watch.

#4 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Cooks may be good for the Saints...but he will be Brees' 3rd or 4th target. I don't see him getting the touches needed to challenge for oroy. Same thing with Mike Evans. Evans will be their 2nd or 3rd target. Bridgewater will be extremely limited, since I believe they'll force AP to carry that team again, especially now that they have a rookie qb.

#5 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Cooks may be good for the Saints...but he will be Brees' 3rd or 4th target. I don't see him getting the touches needed to challenge for oroy.Same thing with Mike Evans. Evans will be their 2nd or 3rd target. Bridgewater will be extremely limited, since I believe they'll force AP to carry that team again, especially now that they have a rookie qb.

Brees 3rd option is still going to get plenty of looks. They're going to try to get the ball in this guys hands. He's too talented not too. It all depends on how he adjusts to the physicality of NFL corners. Cooks has as good of shot as anyone because of his skill set and the situation he was drafted in to.

#6 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Cooks has a decent shot too. Bunch of good rookies in good situations this year. It'll be fun to watch.

Uh oh, You took the cheese!

bigstock-Mousetrap-35879422.jpg

#7 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,185 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Brees 3rd option is still going to get plenty of looks. They're going to try to get the ball in this guys hands. He's too talented not too. It all depends on how he adjusts to the physicality of NFL corners. Cooks has as good of shot as anyone because of his skill set and the situation he was drafted in to.

If Cooks is the 3rd option, unless you aren't including JG, that would put him in front of Stills?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Uh oh, You took the cheese!

bigstock-Mousetrap-35879422.jpg

Cooks - mouse

Kuechly- trap

game over.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,434 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

I actually think Cooks will be in the mix. He will have the opportunity to make big splash plays which will be on espn.

As I said before, cooks is exactly the WR that NO needed ( replace what they got from Soroles) and KB is exactly the WR that the Pantgers needed.

Both teams made the right pick.

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

I actually think Cooks will be in the mix. He will have the opportunity to make big splash plays which will be on espn.

As I said before, cooks is exactly the WR that NO needed ( replace what they got from Soroles) and KB is exactly the WR that the Pantgers needed.

Both teams made the right pick.

what kind of smack talk is this?

#11 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

If Cooks is the 3rd option, unless you aren't including JG, that would put him in front of Stills?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I think Cooks has the potential to step in and catch more balls than Stills, yeah. Like I said, it all depends on his adapting to the physicality of NFL corners. They want to get him the ball in space and he's got the potential to run reverses and screens as well, which Stills didn't do last year. The Saints are VERY high on Cooks.

#12 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

the award is for the OROY, not the OR...who made the most with the opportunities given him.  No way Cooks can compete with other rookies who will be a much larger part of their offense.  He just won't get enough touches.

#13 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Not sure on Watkins.  He'll make highlights but don't think he'll get OROY.  KB has a better chance.  Buffalo has plenty of weapons and a lot of question marks.

#14 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

the award is for the OROY, not the OR...who made the most with the opportunities given him. No way Cooks can compete with other rookies who will be a much larger part of their offense. He just won't get enough touches.

Being that it's preseason, and none of these guys has played an actual game yet, how can you speak in definitive terms? I want you to show me another rookie that was put in a more perfect situation with said players skill set and said teams needs. I think KB and Cooks were put in perfect situations with their skill sets to succeed immediately.

You'd have to not truly understand the limitations of the Saints offense the last few years to not understand why we think Cooks is primed for a big year. The Saints haven't had somebody to really blow the top off the defense for a couple seasons. Stills filled the role decently last year, but it's not really his thing. Cooks can do that and he can get the ball on a 5 yard catch and take it the distance from anywhere on the field. He's desperately needed in the offense and that's why we expect him to get quite a few touches.

I'm not saying he will win it, but at this point, he's got just as much of a shot as anyone.

#15 Mol3m4n

Mol3m4n

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationMitchell, NC

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Not sure on Watkins. He'll make highlights but don't think he'll get OROY. KB has a better chance. Buffalo has plenty of weapons and a lot of question marks.

Agreed. I just don't think he was put into as good of a QB situation.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com