Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Darrin Reaves?

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one that wants to see more Darrin Reaves, possibly even with the first string?

Darrin2BReaves2BPanthers-1.jpg

The kid 5'10 220 , but can cut like he is on rails and gets low. It seemed to me the entire run game picked up a bit the moment he stepped onto the field.

Do the Panthers need to get a really good look at him earlier in the game to really be able to evaluate him? Would it be worth it to limit Barner carries to give him more?

What sayest thou, huddle?

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Gotta be better than Barner.....

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He can actually reach the end zone, so yes, moar Reaves please.

Posted · Report post

Yes. Right now, I have him making it over Barner.

Posted · Report post

Hell yeah! He runs hard and has some quick cuts. Definitely keep him instead of Barner.

Posted · Report post

Gotta be better than Barner.....

2 yards a carry is better than 1
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one that wants to see more Darrin Reaves, possibly even with the first string?

Darrin2BReaves2BPanthers-1.jpg

The kid 5'10 220 , but can cut like he is on rails and gets low. It seemed to me the entire run game picked up a bit the moment he stepped onto the field.

Do the Panthers need to get a really good look at him earlier in the game to really be able to evaluate him? Would it be worth it to limit Barner carries to give him more?

What sayest thou, huddle?

You're not alone. I believe at this point he could be a better option that JStew ( who stays injured).

BiggTazz#16
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

We know what DeAngelo and Stewart give us so i would be more than happy to see him get some time in with the 1st string.

Posted · Report post

The entire running game struggled to get much going... Barner was shut down all game long and Fozzy Whittaker and Darrin Reaves had a couple decent runs, albeit late in the game... This all still points to our issues at OL and getting those big men settled in their new positions and finding a rhythm with each other..

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

We didnt spend a 6th round pick on him, otherwise I would say he would be a all pro for sure.

Posted · Report post

I'm sure we will.  The Reaves v. Barner v. Whitaker preseason battle is one that's winner could definitely see playing time.

Reaves looks like he's got the most authority when he runs.  Decisive with his cuts as well.    

Posted · Report post

>barner!