68 replies to this topic

#31 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,427 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Well Norman played a lot in 2012, looked like a preseason all star in 2013, then he got in Rivera's doghouse, and I guess since then he has slowly been building himself back up. I'd like to see him break out this year

Edited by Frash Brastard, 09 August 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#32 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

no, he signed with DET.

Oh, my bad.  Welp

#33 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,303 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

I personally don't see what you guys see. Yeah, Norman has potential but I'm not sure he'll ever get over that hump. Josh seems to play on too much emotion. Therefore, he's too reckless. I surely wouldn't miss him if he joined the dark side (Foxboro).

#34 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

I personally don't see what you guys see. Yeah, Norman has potential but I'm not sure he'll ever get over that hump. Josh seems to play on too much emotion. Therefore, he's too reckless. I surely wouldn't miss him if he joined the dark side (Foxboro).

His lack of discipline would get him axed there immediately.  Remember OchoCinco's comeback campaign train derailment?

#35 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,760 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Its game one with a vanilla preseason defense. There was no rolled coverage or blitzes. Antoine Cason is way better than Josh Norman.

He wasn't last night.

#36 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

I want him to succeed with the Panthers. I think that he has the talent, but he has to play within the scheme.

I love seeing the aggression though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Does his good plays outweigh the bone-headed decisions he makes? How long would Ron let him play this way before he yanks him? He either plays within the system or he doesn't play... I'm sure he's heard this a couple hundred times.

#38 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Agreed with a lot of what you said here Jeremy. I am not exaggerating when I say that Norman has true, #1, shutdown corner potential. His ability reminds me a lot of someone like Sherman. Long, rangy, physical, etc.

His issue has been focus and the mental aspect of the game. After the debcale in Buffalo last year, I hate to admit, but I gave up hope on him... it just seemed that he didn't study or care to at that point and then he took up shelter in Rivera's doghouse. But, then you see him out there talking trash, lighting guys up, making plays, etc., and it reminds you all over again how good he can be. I definitely think he belongs in the top three corners on the roster, and if he locked in mentally, could very well be the best we have.

Ideally, he does lock in this season and makes it into that top three of the depth chart. In my mind, based off talent and potential, our best CB lineup going forward (in no particular order) is Cason, White, Norman, Benwikere, and Dockery/Thomas (although Byndom could take the final spot). All I know is, I definitely don't want to let him go, as any given year could be the one where he finally puts it together.

#39 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

I mean, he's better than Godfrey.  I can see him in that reserve role and play in dime packages.  Behind White, Cason, and Bene.  

Dockery, Byndom, & Thomas are essentially battling it out with him.  

We don't use a dime package. Luke and TD never leave the field.

#40 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,679 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

I believe our coaching staff has a feeling Norman can go somewhere and be productive so they're hanging on to him. He really excels in man to man. If you say stick to this one guy and shut him down, he'll go out and do it. He might get overly aggressive and get burned/penalty and he'll have his wins like pass breakups, INT, and mentally knocking his opponent focus off. Playing within the zone is where he has to get better at. I think its wrong to notice he's not getting better there and not cut him. Let him go elsewhere

#41 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

I want him off my football team...period, he gave up multiple 1st downs before that int. He will cost us when it counts

#42 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

It's okay to gamble, but GAMBLE WISELY

#43 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

to be honest, i really didnt like what i seen from Cason last night. i think IF Norman can put it together, you have to keep him on the field.

I hope it was jitters but he played like a rookie. They threw his way instead of throwing at Melvin White.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#44 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

I've heard it said 1000 times, this defense is run through schemes and the interchangeable parts must conform to the scheme through location and responsibilities. The knock on Norman, as I understood it, was that he wouldn't consistently execute his responsibilities in the scheme. I don't care if you have Revis, if he won't do his job as expected on the field, he undermines the scheme. Maybe that is finally sinking in for Norman.

Edited by ed bell, 09 August 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#45 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,760 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

I want him off my football team...period, he gave up multiple 1st downs before that int. He will cost us when it counts

Because he was the only one that made mistakes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Josh Norman, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com