HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

There are these things called comma's.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

one game, whole new line and no cam newton. The box was packed and the run was still successful.

I like Crotchery , a poor mans Welker, and I like Benjamin. The pass game will probably largely incorporate Olsen again. The guy is money. I am pegging Crotchety to snag 40-50 with 500-600 yards, Olsen to snag 85-90 and 850-900 yards and KB around 75 with 800+ yards.

If those 3 can stretch the field you'll end up with open and available RB's. I've never been a fan of the RB unit y'all have but this year will be a litmus test. There is. O reason they shouldn't succeed given the balance now provided on O.

can't forget about avant who is one of the most reliable, hardest working, and underrated WRs in the league. he's not a big TD type guy, but he's the type of player that keeps your QB out of trouble and keeps your team on the field.

#23 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

one game, whole new line and no cam newton. The box was packed and the run was still successful.

I like Crotchery , a poor mans Welker, and I like Benjamin. The pass game will probably largely incorporate Olsen again. The guy is money. I am pegging Crotchety to snag 40-50 with 500-600 yards, Olsen to snag 85-90 and 850-900 yards and KB around 75 with 800+ yards.

If those 3 can stretch the field you'll end up with open and available RB's. I've never been a fan of the RB unit y'all have but this year will be a litmus test. There is. O reason they shouldn't succeed given the balance now provided on O.

Yes, contrary to outside perspective, National media, the Panthers run game sucks.

Whether it's the blocking (finesse blockers), or the backs (finesse and beat up), the Panthers run game has been woefully inconsistent the past two seasons. If you took Cam Newton's scrambles out of the Panthers fun game numbers, they become quite ordinary, and even more inconsistent.

The last season, when the run game was decent, was during Cam's rookie season. Back then, the passing game started with a flurry the first 8 games, and the Panthers were able to run first the second half of the season when defenses geared up for the passing game that set them back on their collective heels the first half of the season.

Contrary to National opinion again, the improved passing attack/options (in my opinion) is going to have to set the pace for the Panther offense again, giving the RB's/run game room to operate, as their not the shiftiest or strongest bunch (except for Tolbert) coming out the backfield, so will needed the added space.

We'll see?

#24 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

can't forget about avant who is one of the most reliable, hardest working, and underrated WRs in the league. he's not a big TD type guy, but he's the type of player that keeps your QB out of trouble and keeps your team on the field.

with all due respect to Avant and his abilities I am not ready to put him in the conversation about contributions to the team.

It'll be there, he will get some offense but I feel it has a higher chance then not of being lackluster and underperforming.

Hand in hand the success he finds will come from the RB's since the routes he runs will shallow and across the middle

#25 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

I really have no faith that Gettleman will do much of anything with our o-line and special teams, I mean he's had all off-season already. We only signed Wharton last year out of complete desperation bc of injuries. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Also, Crotchery (can't even tell if this is a purposeful misspelling) is a poor man's Welker? Lol wut?

#26 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I really have no faith that Gettleman will do much of anything with our o-line and special teams, I mean he's had all off-season already. We only signed Wharton last year out of complete desperation bc of injuries. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Also, Crotchery (can't even tell if this is a purposeful misspelling) is a poor man's Welker? Lol wut?

avant i can see as a welker type more than cotchery.

#27 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

avant i can see as a welker type more than cotchery.

Cotchery was a beast last year in the slot

#28 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Cotchery was a beast last year in the slot

i know. we've got two guys that are those super reliable workhorse slot guys. i think both will be solid contributors.

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Roos isnt getting cut lol.

#30 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsheville NC
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

So if no one is getting cut that is better then what we have..do they use a dink and dunk offense to compensate for the lack of a consistent run game or to compliment our lack of? You have to be able to move the chains on 3rd and 3 or 4 regardless how you do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users