• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#25 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

I really have no faith that Gettleman will do much of anything with our o-line and special teams, I mean he's had all off-season already. We only signed Wharton last year out of complete desperation bc of injuries. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Also, Crotchery (can't even tell if this is a purposeful misspelling) is a poor man's Welker? Lol wut?

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I really have no faith that Gettleman will do much of anything with our o-line and special teams, I mean he's had all off-season already. We only signed Wharton last year out of complete desperation bc of injuries. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Also, Crotchery (can't even tell if this is a purposeful misspelling) is a poor man's Welker? Lol wut?

avant i can see as a welker type more than cotchery.

#27 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

avant i can see as a welker type more than cotchery.

Cotchery was a beast last year in the slot

#28 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Cotchery was a beast last year in the slot

i know. we've got two guys that are those super reliable workhorse slot guys. i think both will be solid contributors.

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Roos isnt getting cut lol.

#30 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsheville NC
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

So if no one is getting cut that is better then what we have..do they use a dink and dunk offense to compensate for the lack of a consistent run game or to compliment our lack of? You have to be able to move the chains on 3rd and 3 or 4 regardless how you do it.

#31 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

So if no one is getting cut that is better then what we have..do they use a dink and dunk offense to compensate for the lack of a consistent run game or to compliment our lack of? You have to be able to move the chains on 3rd and 3 or 4 regardless how you do it.

No. Our RBs couldn't run worth a poot last year.....we still lined up and ran our Power run ball control O.

Cam isn't a dink and dunk QB. Not his game.

#32 panthers123

panthers123

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

All the teams are going to keep their best 5 or 6 tackles and cast off the rest. The castoffs will not unseat any of the starters but we could definitely get some solid depth. 

#33 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

All the teams are going to keep their best 5 or 6 tackles and cast off the rest. The castoffs will not unseat any of the starters but we could definitely get some solid depth.

not always, old expensive vets are often parted ways with despite being top options for the upcoming year.....if the young future looks ready.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

not always, old expensive vets are often parted ways with despite being top options for the upcoming year.....if the young future looks ready.

yep. the problem is that quitenoften they won't settle for what most teams would be willing or able to pay for an aged lineman and wind up either sitting out for a long time or just retiring.

#35 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

yep. the problem is that quitenoften they won't settle for what most teams would be willing or able to pay for an aged lineman and wind up either sitting out for a long time or just retiring.

Yeah, if you want to rent one you gotta pull out the checkbook and give them a reason

#36 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, if you want to rent one you gotta pull out the checkbook and give them a reason

the amount that we are spending on DEs this year as well as. few other over/high priced players will prevent that from happening here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users