Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone going to watch Johnny Football tonight?

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did you watch Johnny play? He was on point man. He was good

I did and he did well... I saw nothing i did not think he could not do.

I see him as just will be a dink and dunk QB with exceptional mobility. Sorta a Jeff Garcia type guy.

He got that 16 yrd pass to Charles Johnson on a lateral screen and i did not see him read the field(which is what I look for) but like most mobile guys who come from spread teams in college he had one read and then ran.

I was wanting to see how far along he was on reads but he impressed rifiling some tight passes on slant routes.

I do see he has a bad habit of not sliding correctly and he took 1 good shot.

I was just not impressed like the announcers were about him getting his helmet lol to come in the game.

Posted · Report post

Meh. I was impressed. Hard to do starting QB things when your not surrounded by starters. Kinda gotta stare down your WRs when you barely have any chemistry with them and being unsure if they will even be in the right spot.

When it came down to throwing the ball, it was hard, accurate, he moved well and made plays with scrubs. Good showing

Posted · Report post

Why are the announcers from Cleveland when they are playing in Detroit?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

It's the local Cleveland feed.

Posted · Report post

He's going to go 10/10 with 3 TDs and then take your girl.

well, you weren't that far off..... 

Posted · Report post

I wasn't impressed but the announcers sure slobbered all over him and praised him for knowing to get his helmet before he went out onto the field.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What if Manziel gets picked off by Michael Sam

Bristol would self implode

With Tim Tebow calling the action from the studio.

Posted · Report post

Do any haters want to compare Manziel's first preseason game to Cam's?

Posted · Report post

I dont hate him by any means... I just hate sportscenter blowing up my instagram and twitter with him being "electrifying" and all this. 

Cam newton is 2342 better than him and will never get that kind of attention from media.

Its so fucking annoying... Sports media has become just as bad or worse as mainstream news 

Posted · Report post

Last night- Kelvin Benjamin watching the game on the big screen and paying attention- "Greatest player ever, student of the game".

Tonight- Manzeil watching the game on the big screen and paying attention- "Derp derp, him got helmet. Supposed to wear helmet,lol."

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

it's not that I want him to fail.. it's that I want the media to fail.

This

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

get over it.  i say let the kid play.

Posted · Report post

I don't understand NFLNs obsession with him. They carried his pre season post game press conference live. Compared to Luck, Cam, or even RG3 I don't find him interesting.

Posted · Report post

Lol ...a thread about a Browns QB in The NFL Central forum goes 5 pages and it's mostly people complaining about how the media won't stop talking about him, yet those exact same people can't stop themselves from talking about him either.

Don't hate the media for the coverage he gets, hate yourselves for driving the Manziel mania bus.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Jesus fuging Christ. My FB feed is nothing but multiple posts about Johnny Manziel by NFL and NFL Network. It would be hilarious if this kid falls on his face this season.

Posted · Report post

He looks like he can do something in this league.

Certain defenses will have their way with him so he'll need to adjust.  He's too quick to run for my taste.   

Posted · Report post

Lol ...a thread about a Browns QB in The NFL Central forum goes 5 pages and it's mostly people complaining about how the media won't stop talking about him, yet those exact same people can't stop themselves from talking about him either.

Don't hate the media for the coverage he gets, hate yourselves for driving the Manziel mania bus.

Keep in mind this is the same forum that can generate a ten page discussion about what Peter King might have said despite King himself never actually addressing the topic in question.

Posted · Report post

Because it's the NFL Network and it feeds into the hype/homerism.

Personally, I love Johnny Football as a player and hope he succeeds. I like that he pisses people off for no apparent reason.

lol...sounds like a very familiar QB that is on the Panthers..