Photo
- - - - -

Tony Stewart could be in big trouble....Police investigating incident.

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#106 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,545 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

this is fuging crazy

#107 Guest_14wlindsey_*

Guest_14wlindsey_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

68 deaths as a direct result from NASCAR. How many from the NFL again? Oh right. You hicks worship this sport I swear lol.

There have been that many high school football players killed in the last decade.

#108 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Stuff like this happens every weekend at small tracks across the country. Anyone here visit Bowman Grey often? The results were more tragic in this case but its not uncommon.

#109 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,633 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

really hard to say from that angle

Yeah this video is the only one I have seen and I can't figure anything out from it.

He ran the poor kid over.

Are there other videos?

#110 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yeah this video is the only one I have seen and I can't figure anything out from it.

Are there other videos?

none known

Remember this is a dirt track and steering on a 1100hp 3/4 ton vehicle that is mayb no much longer then a small truck. The rear tires are oversized and that is where the main steering is derived. The rev up prior may have been Stewart trying to swing out of the way and by recent accounts the wing hit the guy and knocked him in to the tire.

#111 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,718 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

Are there other videos?

i can't find anything.

#112 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Way to hard to tell from the video. The cut away doesn't help at all. It may have been a jerk reaction to seeing someone on the track in front of him. I would think that instincts kick in and he may have reacted without thinking which could have caused the revving and swerve since that's how these cars turn. Tony is the only one who will ever know exactly what he saw so all we are left to do is speculate on an internet message board until the investigation is done. 

#113 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,511 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

Seems pretty obvious he threw the tires and gas peddle in an attempt to avoid killing someone. The Internet kills me sometimes lol

What's worse, an awkward situation that resulted in an accidental death or those who typically are out of touch with reality and need someone to pin charges of manslaughter to help themselves selfishly feel justice has been served?

#114 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,718 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

Seems pretty obvious he threw the tires and gas peddle in an attempt to avoid killing someone. The Internet kills me sometimes lol

What's worse, an awkward situation that resulted in an accidental death or those who typically are out of touch with reality and need someone to pin charges of manslaughter to help themselves selfishly feel justice has been served?

i think people's reactions are very, very heavily framed by their preconceived notions about tony stewart. "it doesn't surprise me that tony stewart would kill that guy" is a favorite response in all this and it's amazing that simple media-based perceptions can influence judgement on something so remarkably 

#115 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,511 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:32 AM

i think people's reactions are very, very heavily framed by their preconceived notions about tony stewart. "it doesn't surprise me that tony stewart would kill that guy" is a favorite response in all this and it's amazing that simple media-based perceptions can influence judgement on something so remarkably 

most of the time I expect people to give into the rivalry over humanity but it would seem to me (based on FB and general social media) that not only has everyone become so infatuated with blaming someone (who may fully be innocent) but have completely separated themselves from a sense of justice..

It truly doesn't matter what happened, as long as there is even a slice of guilt, blood is in the water....

Stewart killed a guy.  But more often than not there is a venom that follows where the strictest punishment must satisfy the masses.  That doesn't mean a punishment is made to satisfy the people but mob mentality shows up and if it doesn't have an impact on a verdict it's definitely heard.

All we need now is a massive coliseum to have people fight to the death...  That would be awesome and quench my thirst..

Edited by bleys, 11 August 2014 - 01:35 AM.

#116 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,511 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

it's amazing that simple media-based perceptions can influence judgement on something so remarkably 

and that's been true for decades..  what's sad is people still watch the news without shame..  I get wanting to keep up with current events and if it were cut off at that point I'd have no comment to give here..

#117 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,011 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

Just throwing this out there but you can hear the engine rev a good two seconds before Stewart's car even gets in the frame of that video.

If he truly didn't see him and was gassing to avoid him (in these types of cars the steering is more controlled by gas/break rather than full steering, similar to drifting) you would think that the engine revving would have been nearly simultaneous with him (Stewart) making contact with Ward.

However, I'm not going to crucify Stewart because the kid had no business being in the middle of the track but it did appear that Stewart tried to spray him and lost it on the back end.

I would like to point out that on the slo-mo version of the video it almost looks like Ward tried to reach and grab on to the wing of Stewarts car which caused him to get sucked under. Not to mention with poor lighting and a black fire suit the case could be made that Stewart did in fact not see Kevin. His case is definitely aided by the fact that the driver of the #45 car said he also didn't see Kevin on the track.

Also, apparently Stewart had a GoPro in the car, I just pray he didn't say something stupid before hitting the kid because if he made any comment referring to the kid before hitting him then he could be in some serious poo.

Regardless, prayers up to both families.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 11 August 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#118 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

I saw the video on liveleak and thought it was horrific.  That being said, taking into consideration the color of the guys suit/helmet and the nature/design of these cars..I can see where it could've contributed to just a very bad accident.

I want to see/hear the GoPro video. 

#119 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

I kinda think the GoPro will mysteriously vanish or be destroyed.

If they were under caution, Stewart should have been going slower. He was faster and higher than the car in front of him. It also looks like the kid is trying to dive out of the way.

#120 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,444 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

I finally had a chance to watch the video again (not on my phone) where I could see it a little better and watch the part where the guy is hit.

Stewart definitely hits the gas.

The car turns actually to the right, not the left, which I'm assuming is either from were he hits the guy or Stewart was actually turning into him some...

If you're turning slightly right, and hit the gas, the back end is going to step out to the left, which is what it did.

It also appears to me that at the very last second, the guy that got hit tries to jump away, but that's hard to see.

My theory is that Stewart saw him and was trying to scare him. No one really knows that but Stewart.  One of the other drivers did say that he did NOT see the guy standing in the track, so there's that.  I mean the guy was in the track and he shouldn't have been.  They really need the video from Stewarts in car camera for a better view of what Stewart saw/did.

It does not appear to me that Stewart deliberately hit the guy, so barring intent, I'm not sure anything will come of it other than it's a tragic, preventable situation.  Hopefully these racing bodies will come up with severe penalties if these guys get out of the car to do this kind of thing.

Edited by Darth Biscuit, 11 August 2014 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com