Photo
- - - - -

Tony Stewart could be in big trouble....Police investigating incident.

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,092 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

But if they don't get out of the car to fight then you're taking the sport out of racing! Or something. Again it's another hothead who is dead. #winning

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#122 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,231 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I kinda think the GoPro will mysteriously vanish or be destroyed.

If they were under caution, Stewart should have been going slower. He was faster and higher than the car in front of him. It also looks like the kid is trying to dive out of the way.

It was caution and they were apparently going 35.

#123 Guest_14wlindsey_*

Guest_14wlindsey_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

I kinda think the GoPro will mysteriously vanish or be destroyed.

If they were under caution, Stewart should have been going slower. He was faster and higher than the car in front of him. It also looks like the kid is trying to dive out of the way.

Tony wasn't going any faster than the car in front of him. The car in front of Tony nearly hit Kevin and had to violently swerve to miss him. After that car swerved and missed Tony was right in front of him and had nearly no time to react. Tony may have pushed the gas but he didn't "gun it" because the car would have sped up and the back end kicked out. He could've been downshifting or just revving the engine while depressing the clutch pedal. But he certainly didn't "gun it" like people are saying. His car would've kicked sideways. Others ate saying he deliberately drove up the track into the guy. If you slow down the video you'll see his car never turned up until after Kevin had been hit. It looks like when Tony's back tire ran over Kevin it shot Tony's car up the track.

Either way Tony's life is gonna be messed up forever. It's a horrible situation for everyone involved. The guy was pissed and overreacted and unfortunately it cost him his life. He was nearly hit by the car in front of Tony then ran down in front of Tony right after it passed. It looked like Kevin was trying to grab ahold of the wing in Tony's car and Tony just kept going, then Kevin was sucked underneath the car. Sprint cars don't stop. You have to keep moving or they will shut off. They have to be pushed to get started. It's possible Tony did not want to risk his car stopping and him being stuck in his car and having a confrontation with the angry man so he just kept driving.

#124 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

On my Bills forum a friend of mine works in this area.  Not to play Russian telephone game but this is what was said about the issue from that guys friend/coworker who is in to dirt car racing and is on the crew for the car that nearly hit him right before Stewart did.

"I have driven these cars, the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there, I now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw him at the last second and just missed him, Tony had even less time to react to the situation. People in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love."

To race at the park you have to sign an affidavit that you will remain inside the vehicle after an accident.

Also he had said there is at least one more angle that filmed the accident.  It was briefly posted on a news site but has since been taken down.

He added that it will be highly unlikely that any charges from any level are handed down.

This is in Orange County, NY where Orange County Choppers are based, fwiw.

#125 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

In car cam from the race track of discussion.  Notice how limited the visibility is.

#126 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Preeeeety sure our eyes work different than that.

#127 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Stewart employs my favorite driver - Kevin Harvick. So you are completely off base with your unfair assessment. The kid did run onto a race track like a dumbass though and that part is undisputable. 

You would be a Harvick fan. He's such a douche.

#128 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,204 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

Why is this thread here when we have a whole forum dedicated to discussing rednecks going in circles?

#129 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,231 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Why is this thread here when we have a whole forum dedicated to discussing rednecks going in circles?

This in incorrect. It's only half a forum.

#130 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

You would be a Harvick fan. He's such a douche.

Harvick is the man. I was a Sr fan and immediately starting pulling for Harvick after Sr died. So I've been there since day 1. 

#131 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,231 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

nevermind, Stewart retirement Hoax

Edited by Happy Panther, 15 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#132 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

The kid should have stayed in the car period but you can see on the video the car before Smoke didn't see him until the last minute and barely had time to miss him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com