Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shooting in Missouri sparks protests, looting

1,566 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Also, martial arts? Really?

This was all I pictured after reading that comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cCJzrs7PAQ

Posted · Report post

You said 6 shots was excessive force. I was providing an instance where 6 shots was not enough force to stop someone. 

How is that even a comparison? You are talking about a situation where two heavily armed grown men were shooting at police officers.

Posted · Report post

How is that even a comparison? You are talking about a situation where two heavily armed grown men were shooting at police officers.

Not to mention that they were wearing total cover steel plate body armor.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Is there not a standard fire a warning shot in the air if someone is unarmed? And call me crazy but im not going to run towards someone shooting at me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Taser is only good if person stays still and close to you (with taser u only got 1 shot). They usually use taser when suspect is resisting arrest. In Brown case he was 20-30 yards out so taser is a bad choice.

They have a new shotgun shell that is a self enclosed taser round that shoot up to 100ft. They can also reload and shoot another one like a pump action shotgun. They need to really give cops more non lethal options!

http://investor.taser.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=720004

Posted · Report post

Not official yet but toxicology found marjuana in his blood as predicted, shooting justified. And to think people want that devil plant legalized.

Posted · Report post

Is there not a standard fire a warning shot in the air if someone is unarmed? And call me crazy but im not going to run towards someone shooting at me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Talking to my friends on police, they have engagement rules and they can't fire warning shots. Also, they use a double tap method for shooting where they go of kill shots by training, so no shots to legs to just incapacitate person. That's the training and maybe that needs to change,

Posted · Report post

I am not comparing the two instances as far as the reason for the shooting. I am comparing "excessive force." What may be excessive in one instance may not be in another. It all depends on the circumstance and the individuals involved. In this instance it may have been excessive and completely unjustified. The point I was making is that the purpose of any defensive shooting is to stop the threat. Once the threat is stopped, any shots fired after that point are excessive. 

Posted · Report post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A

"Dress for the job you have, not the one you wish you had."

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A

"Dress for the job you have, not the one you wish you had."

I'd agree with this if the Ferguson scenes didn't resemble a war zone. 

Posted · Report post

35)]"Dress for the job you have, not the one you wish you had."[/color]

Watched this earlier tis morning, the part that really stuck out was:

Black population in Feruson 63%
86% of police stops
92% of police searches
93% of arrests

Posted · Report post

I'd agree with this if the Ferguson scenes didn't resemble a war zone.

Yes because police driving around in military style vehicles and dressed in military fatigues while shooting tear gas everywhere helped.