#616 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,298 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Tragic events are full of what ifs. A split second here or there is life and death sometimes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#617 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Generally, it has went the direction media has steered it in... and of course, the usual right-winged, uber-conservative talking points BS.

Yes the usual right wing talking points coming from the liberal media.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#618 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,298 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

the day we get past the left vs right paradigm is the day the country reaches its full potential.

#619 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,476 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

the day we get past the left vs right paradigm is the day the country reaches its full potential.

It will never happen.

#620 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,298 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

im an eternal optimist. i think we will get there.

#621 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,780 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

im an eternal optimist. i think we will get there.

Optimism or not, one thing this country has shown a prodigious skill in is dividing itself. We van be bent, twisted and manipulated in any way the powers that be want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#622 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,995 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Yes the usual right wing talking points coming from the liberal media.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I was actually referring to the right wing talking points presented here in this thread, lol.

And even if you COULD label the media "liberal" (here's looking at you Fox News), it doesn't absolve them of racism or pandering to larger demographics, i.e., racism.

#623 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

A black dude is not going to post a youtube clip manifesto. Because hes not some dumb white privelIdged kid. He's just gonna go out and do his thing because he's an asshole and is killing someone

A rich white kid who never got laid and thought the world owed him something will post his manifesto and then we have a psycho melodrama. Oh why did this kid do this. Where is the country going wrong here with mental disorders.

Different cultures.

Have you ever seen the nation thoroughly upset because some black kid killed another kid unless that kid was white? And then talk about why he did that compared to that fuging idiot assistant directors son?

Am I living in the twilight zone?

Stop being racist you're just making that up along with like half of the country because you're RACIST!

Edited by Awesomeness!, 16 August 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#624 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

Optimism or not, one thing this country has shown a prodigious skill in is dividing itself. We van be bent, twisted and manipulated in any way the powers that be want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

True. We need a common outside enemy. Its the only time the country comes together.

#625 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,766 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

If that means the day we get past petty bullshit than yes. Very doubtful with our biological foundation. Right in two instead of one.

#626 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

So this is incredibly late but I want to go back about ten pages to when Alice's retarded ass seemed to claim that he somehow wasn't racist because he's a minority. You'll have to excuse me in advance for my anecdotal story.

So look this is just a recent example of racism from one minority against another that I encountered a scant few weeks ago.

I frequent a bar in Holden beach at least once week, typically Thursdays, to play $10 games of pool after work. This bar is know as a "black" bar. Usually after 10pm I'm the only white male in there other than security - though they only run security on Friday and Saturday. I try to get other people from work to go there with me but usually the response is " You're going where?!?!? No, I'm good I don't want to get stabbed" The thing is, its not like that. I always have a great time and I'm treated with respect. Its the type of place where everyone has nicknames like Beast, FatBoy, Lil'FatBoy, Zeal, etc. They just call me "A".

So anyhow, this night I'm there and this crazy white bitch who used to bartend there, and that I actually employed before as well at my restaurant, gets shitty drunk and starts picking fights with everyone. She hits the bartender over the head with a beer bottle and throws another at him. She eventually calls this Puerto Rican dude who I've never met before a Mexican and he's all drunk and starts yelling " You don't know me!! I'm a fuging Puerto Rican...I can have this place run up in. I'll fuging cut you bitches". So she breaks a beer bottle on the floor and comes at him with it.

So at this point me and the guys that I'm playing pool with come into the main bar room from the back pool room to make sure everything is OK. And we eventually kick that crazy chick out and lock the front door. Well this Puerto Rican fella is sitting at the bar afterwards a few seats down from me and keeps looking my way. I guess because I look out of place. He eventually comes over next to me and says " Hey man, I got your back. fug these niggers..I'll fuging cut them. fuging worthless monkeys" I just ignore him and go back to playing pool.

So the tldr version is this. Just because you're a member of some random ethnic group does not automatically exclude you from being racist.

#627 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

You would do the same ronald g shuttles cock.
Btw you personify boot licking.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

posting things like "just do what the man with authority says, wrong or not" doesn't really mesh with the accusation that i "personify boot licking" because "i know you are but what am i" stopped working around kindergarten, hth

what is it like to be so dumb? is it as blissful as you and your peers make it seem?

Edited by GOOGLE RON PAUL, 17 August 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#628 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

ubiJvEi.png

#629 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,995 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

So, idk if this has been posted here, and I apologize if it has because I haven't seen it in this thread... but, one of my friends posted the last segment on facebook a few days ago but it was uploaded to facebook so I couldn't embed the video here. I searched all over youtube and couldn't find it. Then I came across a news article that linked to this video and found the last segment was what I watched the other day...

The whole video is just shocking. But, the last segment shows where the crowd gathered after the shooting and the police came out to try to break them up. At this point, in the face of heavily armed officers, some even with k-9s chomping at the bit, the crowd forms a solid unit, all walking with their hands up and begin walking to and through the cops while yelling, "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" I literally got chills when I first watched it, it's so powerful. And for those claiming racism isn't a factor, watch it and you'll see. You can feel the tension. And what the crowd did felt like something from the civil rights era... it is moving.

Additonally, I wanted to add that the first few segments on the video are disturbing yet, very informative. It has witnesses talking while filming Brown's body on the ground, bleeding. They pretty much confirm that it was an act of rage on the officer's behalf and there was no struggle. Then, the officers load his body into an SUV... Although I'm not sure if it's the police SUV or a coroners (the all black one). Regardless, I'm not sure what protocol is, but i'm fairly certain the body is supposed to be transported by ambulance first to a hospital so the peraon can officially be pronounced dead.

#630 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,995 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com