#751 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,447 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

http://www.motherjon...browns-shooting

Another witness account

What I got from it...  This dude missed everything that happened before shooting.  Mike Brown was running when he got shot and all bullet entries were to his front.  From current evidence it does look like he was charging the cop... wtf?

#752 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

So much conflicting information coming out right now. I'm concerned about evidence at this point, not putting anything past Ferguson PD.

Even if he ran at the cop, he was unarmed, and why use such lethal force? He was shot what, 6 times? That is excessive force.

After reading posts earlier in the thread about how some people can understand why the CMPD shot an unarmed man 10 times for supposedly "charging" at an officer, it's alarming that this type of overreaction and immediate use of lethal force from police is so easily excused.

Edited by TheRed, 18 August 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#753 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,447 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

So much conflicting information coming out right now. I'm concerned about evidence at this point, not putting anything past Ferguson PD.

Even if he ran at the cop, he was unarmed, and why use such lethal force? He was shot what, 6 times? That is excessive force.

After reading posts earlier in the thread about how some people can understand why the CMPD shot an unarmed man 10 times for supposedly "charging" at an officer, it's alarming that this type of overreaction and immediate use of lethal force from police is so easily excused.

Because it's allowed by law.

Here's an imaging of where bullets struck him.  Lift his right hand up and bullet concentration is in very small area.

_77019324_parcells.jpg

#754 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

look at the grouping of the shots =

XgnqIX6.png

e:beaten kinda

Edited by SZ James, 18 August 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#755 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

If he was charging the officer then I don't have much issue. 

#756 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,447 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

look at the grouping of the shots =

XgnqIX6.png

That's what I just said.  Unless he ran with his hands up toward the cop which still allows him to use deadly force.

#757 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

That is from the Brown shooting?

#758 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,447 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

How the fug did he take 6 shots... most people would play possum after 1 shot.

#759 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,447 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

That is from the Brown shooting?

yea

#760 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Looking at that, I don't understand how anyone can come away with this without having any concerns.

That's basically an execution in the street.

#761 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Toxicology report will be interesting one way or another.

#762 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,988 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Anyone who hasn't seen John Oliver's segment on Ferguson from last night, I highly recommend it. He covers everything from Ferguson, the shooting, racial profiling done by cops, and even police forces being given military grade equipment. Great watch, as usual from his show. 

#763 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,988 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Found the video, no clue how long it will be up though. Language obviously NSFW for some part of the video. 

Edited by CarolinaNCSU, 18 August 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#764 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,196 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

I mentioned this earlier. So many split second decisions in cases like this can end up being tragic.
So many what ifs. Awful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#765 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Excessive force depends on a lot of things. The north Hollywood bank robbers were shot multiple times (11 and 29 times respectively). Stopping the threat is what is most important. If it takes 1 shot or 30, that's what it takes.

As for being unarmed, I'm not so sure that really applies any longer in our society. Depending on the level of martial arts, self defense, MMA, or other type of hand to hand combat training, someone can be "armed" with the ability to cause lethal harm with use of only their body. That information can't be obtained just by looking at someone. After the fact knowledge is always great, but in a situation where someone kept approaching after being issued a warning to stop, I wouldn't assume I am in no danger just because a person doesn't have a visible weapon. 

I am not in any way saying what this officer did was justified in any way, because I don't know if he was or not. The investigation hasn't been finished and if the guy is guilty of committing murder, then he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If it turns out he was justified and is cleared, again, not saying he was, then I expect a lot more than just looting and rioting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com