#1 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

https://twitter.com/SteveReedAP/status/498844049458360320

from rotoworld...

The Associated Press has "growing concern" over Kenjon Barner sticking on the final roster.

It would be a bit of a surprise as Barner brings value as a possible return man and only needs to hold off Darrin Reaves for No. 4 running back duties. Still, the early part of Barner's career has not been promising. He earned just eight touches from scrimmage as a rookie while battling foot/ankle issues.

barner has done nothing. it can be a result of being stuck behind stewart, williams, and tolbert by default...but how does that explain reaves coming out of no where and taking advantage of the window of opportunity due to injuries and having more success than him?

does gettlemen play the wait and see role because of potential, or is barner done?

#2 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

His vision is terrible, but in his defense the line wasn't opening up many holes for him either.

#3 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

I've held out hope for Barner, but at this point he would be a waste of a roster spot.

#4 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

I would add Roman Harper to the list too

#5 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,354 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I just finished watching the game. The line didn't do anyone many favors but Reaves runs alot harder and is better suited for the Panthers style of running game.

I remember one of Barner's punt returns where he had some space and instead of just going forward he stood there, waited and then danced around and got nothing. He's pretty indecisive but still has had a tough shake with the line. I believe he had a pretty bad drop as well that can't happen since he isn't running well

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

I know it is just one game, but I liked Fozzy much better than Barner

#7 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

I've held out hope for Barner, but at this point he would be a waste of a roster spot.

This.  He doesn't fit here.  Maybe he can latch on elsewhere, but honestly he just doesn't look like an NFL player.

#8 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,135 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

He's done

#9 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,900 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

He could do some damage with the eagles. In fact if we cut him it wouldn't surprise me to see them pick him up and not just because of chip

#10 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Gettleman should try and make a trade with Barner for O-line depth.  I don't see him making the team at this point.  Fozzy and Reeves both look better.

#11 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

...but honestly he just doesn't look like an NFL player.

This.

Some guys just look out of their element once they hit the NFL, and to me, Barner is one of those guys.  Can't see him sticking in the league much beyond this year. Someone will give him a chance after we cut him, but unless he turns it around big time, he needs to start thinking about a second career.

#12 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Just what is the "Panthers style of running game"?  Sounds to me like that's code for running behind an O-line that can't get any push or open up lanes.  Not saying that Barner is an answer, but the O-line needs attention.

#13 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,221 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I would add Roman Harper to the list too

Werd up!!

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Had this convo at work recently. Barner benefited big time by the Tyler Gaffney injury (and lowbrow move from the Pats)....but he isn't taking advantage of this opportunity. Can't play ST, isn't an efficient returner, can't block out of the back field and let's be honest here...dude doesn't pass the eye test as an NFL RB. 

Not trying to toot my own horn here, but I will. Just like the Kugbila and Gaffney choices..I absolutely hated this Barner pick as well. I don't think he's going to make the team and I would be fine with that. He brings nothing to the table. 

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Gettleman should try and make a trade with Barner for O-line depth.  I don't see him making the team at this point.  Fozzy and Reeves both look better.

I mean come on dude...what do you think they would be able to get for him? I like where your head is at but I just don't see any team willing to even trade a back OT for this guy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com