Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does barner make the team?

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

https://twitter.com/SteveReedAP/status/498844049458360320

from rotoworld...

The Associated Press has "growing concern" over Kenjon Barner sticking on the final roster.

It would be a bit of a surprise as Barner brings value as a possible return man and only needs to hold off Darrin Reaves for No. 4 running back duties. Still, the early part of Barner's career has not been promising. He earned just eight touches from scrimmage as a rookie while battling foot/ankle issues.

barner has done nothing. it can be a result of being stuck behind stewart, williams, and tolbert by default...but how does that explain reaves coming out of no where and taking advantage of the window of opportunity due to injuries and having more success than him?

does gettlemen play the wait and see role because of potential, or is barner done?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

His vision is terrible, but in his defense the line wasn't opening up many holes for him either.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've held out hope for Barner, but at this point he would be a waste of a roster spot.

Posted · Report post

I would add Roman Harper to the list too

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I just finished watching the game. The line didn't do anyone many favors but Reaves runs alot harder and is better suited for the Panthers style of running game.

I remember one of Barner's punt returns where he had some space and instead of just going forward he stood there, waited and then danced around and got nothing. He's pretty indecisive but still has had a tough shake with the line. I believe he had a pretty bad drop as well that can't happen since he isn't running well
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I know it is just one game, but I liked Fozzy much better than Barner

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've held out hope for Barner, but at this point he would be a waste of a roster spot.

This.  He doesn't fit here.  Maybe he can latch on elsewhere, but honestly he just doesn't look like an NFL player.

Posted · Report post

He's done

Posted · Report post

He could do some damage with the eagles. In fact if we cut him it wouldn't surprise me to see them pick him up and not just because of chip

Posted · Report post

Gettleman should try and make a trade with Barner for O-line depth.  I don't see him making the team at this point.  Fozzy and Reeves both look better.

Posted · Report post

...but honestly he just doesn't look like an NFL player.

This.

Some guys just look out of their element once they hit the NFL, and to me, Barner is one of those guys.  Can't see him sticking in the league much beyond this year. Someone will give him a chance after we cut him, but unless he turns it around big time, he needs to start thinking about a second career.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Just what is the "Panthers style of running game"?  Sounds to me like that's code for running behind an O-line that can't get any push or open up lanes.  Not saying that Barner is an answer, but the O-line needs attention.

1 person likes this