• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

The Golden State Warriors are excited about another season with star point guard Stephen Curry leading the way, but they may have some concern about his future in Oakland.

StephenCurryHornetsSG.jpg

Curry talked last week on The Doug Gottlieb Show about potentially going back to his home team and playing at some point in his career. It was very obvious that Curry is intrigued with the idea, and could end up doing that when his next contract rolls around.

I’ve always had thoughts about playing at home, what it would be like,” Curry said, via Diamond Leung of Inside the Bay Area. “My dad played there for 10 years, and people around the Greater Charlotte area in North Carolina have done a lot for my family growing up, so you always think about it. Right now I feel like I’ve got three years left on my deal, so this isn’t going to be an issue for me for a while. I love the Bay Area and where we are as a team trying to win a championship, and that’s what it’s all about. Of course everybody dreams about or thinks about what it’s going to be like to play at home. Obviously if that opportunity comes along it’s a different discussion.”

Read more: http://sportsglory.c...5#ixzz3AI2wHK9b

#2 Horncats89

Horncats89

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Go get it!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

It was bound to happen.

The "returning home" fad has become very popular and I expect more players to follow suit in the future (starting with KD... if the money is right).

#4 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

There's a reason our cap sheet for 2017 FA is only the last year of Zeller and Lance's team options (which can be declined) and Vonleh and Hairston's 2-year team options (which can also be declined.)

Going forward, as long as Cho puts us in a spot where we have a good team to surround him and cap space to sign him to a max contract, we should be in the mix.

Surely it's just a coincidence that the all-star weekends we are bidding on are either the year he hits the market or his first season with the team...

#5 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,245 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

4i8NS.gif

#6 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,426 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hopefully GS implodes in 2 years and Curry pulls a Kevin Love. Although him simply signing here without us having to trade for him would be quite lovely. 

#7 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

fug YES CAN I GET A WITNESS 

#8 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

We will have given kemba a stupid, untradeable contract by that time and the team will be absolutely hamstrung at the point for the next five years.

If you guys think Hendo got overpaid, just wait on the kemba deal.

#9 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,369 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

hope that isnt the case for cam

#10 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

We will have given kemba a stupid, untradeable contract by that time and the team will be absolutely hamstrung at the point for the next five years.

If you guys think Hendo got overpaid, just wait on the kemba deal.

When that extension comes he will be the only big deal on the cap for 2017.

Henderson got overpaid because it's really difficult to find a shooting guard in this league and we thought we had one in him. That's why the market was outrageous for 2s and stretch 4s this year.

That's not the case with point guards. Kemba isn't even top 10 in that department right now and it's not like point guards are getting max deals right now.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

"I will taking my talents to South Blvd"

#12 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,912 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

hope that isnt the case for cam

Or Kuechly.

Heard the boy misses getting Skyline Chili whenever he wants.

#13 Chuckie

Chuckie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

It shouldnt be a real shock the Curry is coming home. He has a game here every year. This year he's coming home the day after Thanksgiving.

#14 FuFuLamePoo

FuFuLamePoo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

a few weeks ago i would have said there is a negative 0 percent chance curry leaves golden state for charlotte.  after the lebron madness.... maybe 2% so yeah GET IN

#15 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

a few weeks ago i would have said there is a negative 0 percent chance curry leaves golden state for charlotte. after the lebron madness.... maybe 2% so yeah GET IN

Alot can change in three years, but for arguments sake, if we made a love-esque trade to bring him in right now for something like kemba and mkg, our top 3 would be curry, al and lance. 2 all nba guys and a borderline all star would put us no less than third in the east and arguably ahead of Chicago.

In golden state, the west is simply too good and even with steph that team tops out as a 4 or 5 seed. Unfortunate since they would easily have HCA in the east, but those are the breaks.

His last two coaches came in with exactly zero prior head coaching experience at any level and he really liked the guy they just dismissed.

Their management just balked on a trade for Kevin Love to hang on to David Lee's albatross of a contract and the opportunity to inevitably overpay Klay Thompson. Steph may have publicly said he likes the roster as is but what's he supposed to say when posed with that question?

What is happening now isn't relevant to 2017, I'm just saying our appeal to a star free agent isn't that bad and the warriors, as beloved as they are among basketball fans for being the fun and likable team aren't immune to him leaving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users