• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Redaes

Redaes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

I surely hope this doesn't happen. New arena in SF will be done right when Steph gets a new contract.

Hopefully that entices him to stay.

To be honest, there's about a 99% chance Steph signs with Charlotte in 3 years. It makes more sense than LeBron in Cleveland.

Steph was born in Charlotte & lived his entire life here until the day he was drafted. He grew up sitting on the Hornets sideline watching his dad play here. He went to college here. He spends his offseasons here. Both he & his wife's friends & families live here. His dream growing up was to put on the purple & teal jersey his dad wore & play for the home team. Dell Curry, his father & idol, is the team announcer, Michael Jordan is Curry's other idol & owns the team. The Hornets are back and have a loaded roster. The buzz around the city is insane. His desire will only grow stronger once he sees the purple & teal on the court dominating with Big Al & Lance behind a sold out atmosphere. Every time he plays here, or just walks around the city in the summer, fans are gonna worship him & beg him to come home.

Hell, he's also a diehard Panthers Fan & loves Cam Newton. Just another reason.

I don't see how it doesn't happen.

Curry
Stephenson
Kidd-Gilchrist
Vonleh
Jefferson

Walker
Hairston
Zeller
Biyombo

That's a potential roster. And it's filthy. And there's a legit chance we'll see it in 2017.

#62 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

KEMBA be like

#63 Redaes

Redaes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:17 PM

Kemba would still be the leader of the team. I doubt he'd mind Curry coming in at PG, he's all about winning. He'd also instantly become the best 6th man in the NBA.

#64 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

He has to come home before he retires.

#65 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

To be honest, there's about a 99% chance Steph signs with Charlotte in 3 years. It makes more sense than LeBron in Cleveland.

Steph was born in Charlotte & lived his entire life here until the day he was drafted. He grew up sitting on the Hornets sideline watching his dad play here. He went to college here. He spends his offseasons here. Both he & his wife's friends & families live here. His dream growing up was to put on the purple & teal jersey his dad wore & play for the home team. Dell Curry, his father & idol, is the team announcer, Michael Jordan is Curry's other idol & owns the team. The Hornets are back and have a loaded roster. The buzz around the city is insane. His desire will only grow stronger once he sees the purple & teal on the court dominating with Big Al & Lance behind a sold out atmosphere. Every time he plays here, or just walks around the city in the summer, fans are gonna worship him & beg him to come home.

Hell, he's also a diehard Panthers Fan & loves Cam Newton. Just another reason.

I don't see how it doesn't happen.

Curry
Stephenson
Kidd-Gilchrist
Vonleh
Jefferson

Walker
Hairston
Zeller
Biyombo

That's a potential roster. And it's filthy. And there's a legit chance we'll see it in 2017.

To play devil's advocate, even though LeBron has made "coming home" the cool thing to do in the NBA for the moment to the point that there are rumblings about Washington making a play for Kevin Durant in 2016, that doesn't mean necessarily that Steph wants to come home.

Perhaps he enjoys raising a family of his own without having to worry about relatives close by.

Also, look at the roster transition in a three-year period from 2011-12 to 2014-15. Obviously the 2011-12 was deficient in talent and needed an overhaul and the current incarnation of the Hornets has longer contracts and a "contending" label attached to it, but the roster could potentially be completely different by 2017. Outside of Hairston and Vonleh (and soon Kemba,) there are no guaranteed contracts on the roster for the 2017 offseason.

I'm more concerned about the front office being interested in Steph than I am Steph being interested in Charlotte at this point, but early indications (which we get to read way too much into) look promising.

#66 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,726 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Perhaps he enjoys raising a family of his own without having to worry about relatives close by.

Huh?

#67 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Huh?

Perhaps he would prefer to raise his family further away from his own parents. Maybe he doesn't want his own father critiquing his performance publicly 80 games a year (although Dell does a fantastic job of being impartial when he's calling the Warriors games.)

#68 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,726 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

Perhaps he would prefer to raise his family further away from his own parents. Maybe he doesn't want his own father critiquing his performance publicly 80 games a year (although Dell does a fantastic job of being impartial when he's calling the Warriors games.)

I mean....I get what you're applying in playing devil's advocate, but I think it's pretty obvious how close the Curry family is. I couldn't imagine that even being a possible reason for him not coming to CLT 

#69 Panthers Fanatic

Panthers Fanatic

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

If this happens, and I hope it does, it would be a dream come true for both the Hornets and Steph. I really think it is contingent upon if we maintain our relevance over the next few years (which should happen with players like Big Al and Lance).

I love Kemba but this would be our best shot to get a legit NBA superstar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users