Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew Norwell - Quietly Impressive

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm the conductor of the Norwell bandwagon. He has the potential to crack the starting lineup at some point in the very near future, even maybe this season. I hope we hang on to him.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Norwell has experience at left guard and both left and right tackle. Couple that information with the fact that both of the Panthers current tackles went undrafted and you can start to see why I think this kid makes the Carolina Panthers practice squad this season.

You had me all excited then you close it with that. Any chance he makes the 53 over someone like Chris Scott or Velasco?

Posted · Report post

So the answer is on the roster?

Posted · Report post

You guys should not diminish how hard it is for a UDFA to make a practice squad. It's tough.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

That said, considering one draft pick will be on ir, one was traded, and we lost one to new England... Who knows. Maybe he makes the 53

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Does he have a soul?

I'm just asking.

Posted · Report post

did you guys know linden gaydosh was white?

i always pictured a black guy. idk why.

Posted · Report post

did you guys know linden gaydosh was white?

i always pictured a black guy. idk why.

And Marvin McNutt is black...go figure.

Strange world...somebody outta sell tickets.

Posted · Report post

Norwell played well against the Bills, at one time he is destroying his opponent.

I like all the players of the offensive line playing for Webb, but Norwell was clearly the best.

Posted · Report post

You had me all excited then you close it with that. Any chance he makes the 53 over someone like Chris Scott or Velasco?

I would think the best candidate to get released for Norwell would be Folkerts. It's kind of the reason why we signed Velasco. To upgrade our backup center position.

Posted · Report post

I was impressed with Norwell throughout camp. One thing stood out to me right away, his strength. Although he only performed 22 reps in the bench press at the rookie combine, it was obvious to me this kid has football strength. Sometimes a bad bench press technique comes across as physical weakness, possibly helping to cause him to fall out of the draft. Football strength is entirely different than weight room strength.

I've never understood why Bench Press is the only lift they make players do at the combine.  It's not entirely useless, but if you're only going to do one lift squats or power cleans would give you a better idea of their football strength.  Does anyone know the reasoning for bench press only?  

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If you are stronger but lighter you will still be the one moving backward if you don't push the right way.

Just try against a wall and see who's moving.