25 replies to this topic

#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

I'm pretty pumped although I probably overpaid for tickets, but wanted to get locked in. Bought them on stub hub.

Also booked game 2 tickets on Saturday, and should be able to wrangle up Panthers tickets for Thursday night game. Just booked 4 night stay at Hyatt House right next to TWC Arena for a sports loaded long weekend.

Plus a little Halloween action in downtown Charlotte on Friday. Already told the wife she is getting a naughty maid costume and I am getting one of those penis costumes and we are going clubbing like it was 1999. She shot that idea down pretty quickly unfortunately.

We are pretty excited about it, and for the trip she just ordered a Luke Kuechly jersey because I am pretty sure she wants to fug him. Which I am weirdly okay with.

Maybe I will run into some of you guys and you can buy me a beer. ;)

#2 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

So jealous I won't be able to be there ... I'm also oddly okay with my wife's similar infatuation with "Lukey Poo" ...

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Mind, if I ask how much you paid for the season openers, tee?

#4 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

See you there.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#5 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Mind, if I ask how much you paid for the season openers, tee?

Little over 100 each and that is in the upper bowl mid courtish

#6 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Maybe dont dress like a Penis and she might have sex..oh you said wife... Nevermind.

A penis costume is equal to Predator cameoflage to wives after a certain number of years... A real penis is a David Copperfied Trick. ;(

A very well planned trip btw.. Im jealous.

#7 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

BTW tickets are outrageous, I am pretty sure I paid at least double for what they are worth.

But i just wanted to make sure I got em, and then could book the hotel we like.

Hyatt House looks like it is almost attached to TWC arena. It is so close, they only have 3 rooms available at this point

#8 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

BTW tickets are outrageous, I am pretty sure I paid at least double for what they are worth.

But i just wanted to make sure I got em, and then could book the hotel we like.

Hyatt House looks like it is almost attached to TWC arena. It is so close, they only have 3 rooms available at this point

It is attached.

Sent from my iPhone

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

It is attached.

Sent from my iPhone

Well that makes a lot of sense why it looks like it then lol.

I know we went last year and didn't even know that it was like that. We knew it was close, but not like that. When we went to the game we were like "holy poo it is like 50 yards from the hotel!!" Didn't know it was literally attached though. That is the only place we will stay to go to the Bobcats/Hornets games.

Edited by teeray, 18 August 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#10 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm going to be there for the opener and do have a nice plan for the night. I'm trying to wait it out and see if I can get a few tickets from the team. Roaring do you have an opportunity to buy a block? If so I definitely think there are 24 of us who would attended with you.

#11 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

If I was going to be in Charlotte, I wouldn't hesitate to spend $80+ on these tickets. Really bummed I won't be in the building for that first game at the Hive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#12 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Money is not an option when it comes to history..

#13 backINblack28

backINblack28

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

Season ticket holder presale for opening night allows you to buy tickets in groups of 25 or more starting at 85 per ticket.  So all in all, around 100ish isn't bad.  If you can grab them for that now, I wouldn't hesitate.  They won't get any easier from this point most likely.

#14 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

I'm going to be there for the opener and do have a nice plan for the night. I'm trying to wait it out and see if I can get a few tickets from the team. Roaring do you have an opportunity to buy a block? If so I definitely think there are 24 of us who would attended with you.

I bought some when they were $59. Sounds like they're up to $80ish now. I can inquire about buying another block but I'm not gonna chase people down for money, so if there are 25 interested then I would do that for you guys. But it sounds like the face value is going to be comparable to what you can get on the secondary market right now. But I'm open to helping if I can.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by RoaringRiot, 18 August 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#15 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Got 3 myself. Overpaid too. $140 for sec 103. Couldn't risk them getting snatched up. Might stay over and catch the Panthers game the night after, but first Hornet game since they left is much more epic IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users