Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Official Panthers - Chiefs Gameday Thread

1,595 posts in this topic

I think 2 hours before.

Security wasn't too bad last week. Maybe 5 minutes

Thank you, Panthro.

expected to play their first string offense whole first half too:

"Quarterback Alex Smith and the first-team offense are scheduled to play the first half, and they need to show more production than the meager 28 yards and two first downs (one by penalty) in three first-quarter possessions in the preseason opener against Cincinnati."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article1240070.html

anyone down there yet?  I'm only a few mins away, I aint coming down there til its poppin.

Any clue when then replay will be? I have to miss the game and don't have dvr.

from Chiefs website:

"Greg Hardy has compiled 81 tackles and 26 sacks in the last two regular seasons combined. How Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher (the #1 overall pick in 2013 Draft) handles Hardy will correspond with how much time Alex Smith has to get rid of the football. If Smith gets the time he needs, he’ll have to deal with 23 year-old Luke Kuechly, who last year was named the youngest AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year in history. Over his short, two year career, Kuechly has compiled 199 tackles and six interceptions. This past offseason, he was named as the 15th best player in the league by the NFL Network’s Top 100 countdown."

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Panthers-Preview/5a6b14d1-a8b3-4d68-817d-06c56225a25e

Make lots of noise for me!! Wish I could go....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Glad I went last week and not this week.

1 person likes this

Happy wife, happy life

In my house it's "If the wife ain't happy, no one's happy". She can be a handful.

• Topics

• You do realize no one wanted RyanCare/ObamaCare Lite to pass, right? If anything, the media and democrats has made themselves absolute fools lately. STILL no evidence Trump colluded with Russia whatsoever, which is quite the funny irony in this whole conspiracy. Trump inherited a mess. Hard to fix this mess when you got crybaby globalists and dems everywhere.    
    • I hate this DG analogy so much.  It only makes sense in the context of an efficient market where teams are rational, have perfect information, and scouts are always right about players.  But we have ample evidence that is not the case.  Sometimes, talented players just don't work out.  Injuries derail careers.  Teams make oddball picks.  Sometimes, you are just wrong about a player (see Ealy, Kony). I like him a lot, but DG's habit of always trading up / never trading down may ultimately be his downfall in CAR.  It results in a lack of depth across the roster and it makes your roster very vulnerable to i) injuries (see 2015 vs. 2016) and ii) missing on evals.  If we missed on Funchess (jury still out), that hurts - but missing on Funchess when you traded multiple picks to get him compounds the issue. Trading up and trading down are both valid strategies - but I'd suggest balancing the two strategies would improve your chances of long-term success.