Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumors the Hornets might be interested in Josh Smith

59 posts in this topic

Posted

http://swarmandsting.com/2014/08/17/josh-smith-charlotte-hornets/

Hopefully these articles and rumors have been made up out of thin air.

A rumor is swirling around the NBA that the Detroit Pistons might be looking to trade away forward Josh Smith.

Although the Pistons have denied that they want to trade away Josh Smith, it isn’t keeping everybody from talking about it, and exploring all the possible landing spots for Smith.

Yes, but at the right cost.Several teams have came up as possibilities, and the Charlotte Hornets happen to be one of them. Should the Charlotte Hornets make a run at Josh Smith if given the opportunity?

Last season with the Detroit Pistons Josh Smith averaged 16 points, and 6 rebounds per game. His best season came in 2011-2012 with the Atlanta Hawks when he averaged 18 points and 9 rebounds per game.

Would I give up a lot for Josh Smith? Absolutely not, but what would the Hornets have to give up to change Detroit’s mind? Well, we don’t know the answer to that considering that the Pistons have denied that Smith is on the trade block.

It would be something along the lines of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Gerald Henderson, and maybe a draft pick.

Would I do that trade if I was Charlotte? In a heartbeat, yes.

It all depends on the development of P.J. Hairston. If P.J. becomes a great NBA player we all know he is capable of being, what is the need to have Gerald Henderson on the roster still? Charlotte signed Lance Stephenson, he will get the majority of the minutes at the shooting guard position, you don’t need 3 SG’s on your team that are all capable of starting.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is still young and we have yet to see his best basketball yet, but trading him for Josh Smith is a upgrade and is something the Hornets should at least consider.

Posted

No thank you, i'd rather hold onto MKG.

4 people like this

Posted

No thank you, i'd rather hold onto MKG.

I would be overwhelmed with frustration if we traded MKG, Hendo and a pick as this guy is suggesting we do.. You'd be losing a 6th man and the core of our defense. I don't know where some of these writers get their ideas from. 

Posted

Please God no.

Smith is a prime example of a guy who will never know his role. He could be a matchup nightmare for some...but instead wants to shoot 3's and be a bum. 

Posted

Yea, that would be an astronomical fail on our part.

Posted

whos the source you? Kill it

Posted

I like our projected line up as is. Marvin playing the 4 is perfect for what we want to do on offense. Josh Smith is not.

Posted

Josh Smith? Megalols

Guyz we need that 16 points at a 38% shooting percentage.

Posted

Josh Smith? Megalols

Guyz we need that 16 points at a 38% shooting percentage.

Umm. I think he shoots better than that.

I do agree though that someone scoring 16 points at 38% is unacceptable and should be upgraded.

Posted

This better be the result of a slow news day

Posted

I wouldn't trade for smith if they included a 1st rounder and all we sent was hendo.

1 person likes this

Posted

No thanks, too many bricks.