Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumors the Hornets might be interested in Josh Smith

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't trade for smith if they included a 1st rounder and all we sent was hendo.

Yeah I would for that.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't discredit the rumor. If I'm correct, I think Charlotte was rumored as a Josh Smith fan before he went to Detroit.

I would like the move only if we don't have to give up MKG. Hendo or Zeller would def be fine. Josh Smith would help solidify Charlotte as a legit Top3 in the East; well at least on paper. I'd play him off the bench tho.

Posted · Report post

Hopefully these articles and rumors have been made up out of thin air.

Please give credit to sources.

See why JJ is mad at you.

Posted · Report post

Please give credit to sources.

See why JJ is mad at you.

The HTML url tags I used made it invisible but still clickable. Seriously, just give up dude.

Posted · Report post

The HTML url tags I used made it invisible but still clickable. Seriously, just give up dude.

It doesn't hurt to type it out. Smh. It's not the first time. ;)

Posted · Report post

It doesn't hurt to type it out. Smh. It's not the first time. ;)

I had a strong feeling you wouldn't understand what I say saying, or it would go over your head.. So here is a screenshot I took.

UieVkaT.jpg

Posted · Report post

I'd love to add J-Smoove as our starting 4.  It's well documented that Detroit has him playing out of position at the 3 (with Monroe and Drummond as his bigs), that he's a natural power forward, and that he's not a good outside shooter.  He's a slasher type, a finisher, great in transition, and needs playmakers to get him the ball. 

I think he'd be dominant playing the 4 next to Big Al, and with primary playmakers like Kemba and Lance to get him the ball in a position to score down-low.  His contract is significant, but I'd take him in a heartbeat for any combination involving Henderson, Bismack, and/or Cody.  If you compare the contracts, those numbers are very workable.

Josh Smith - $13.5 million, 3 years remaining

Gerald Henderson - $6 million, 2 years remaining

Bismack Biyombo - $3.9 million, 1 year remaining (1 club option)

Cody Zeller - $4 million, 3 years remaining (2 club options)

TOTAL:  $13.9 million / year

Another possibility would be to include Marvin Williams' $7 million (2 years) in place of Cody/Bizmack, though that would have to wait until December due to Williams' freshly signed contract.

This team is built to win NOW and also in the long-run.  The above deal sacrifices no long-term harm (retain MKG and Vonleh) yet still improve at the 4.  We'd have to find a bargain basement backup center but that's easy.

1.) Kemba Walker (Brian Roberts)

2.) Lance Stevenson (Gary Neal, P.J. Hairston)

3.) Michael Kidd-Gilchrest (Jeffrey Taylor)

4.) Josh Smith (Marvin Williams, Noah Vonleh)

5.) Al Jefferson (TBD)

On paper, that lineup could contend for the Eastern Conference championship, IMO.  Although I still think Jeff Green (Celtics) may be the better target available.  Better defender, better shooter, natural 3 with the length of a 4, cheaper at $9.5 million / 2 years.  Either way, I really hope MJ makes one more splash this offseason.  I think this lineup is one trade away from being REALLY good this year and for years to come.

Posted · Report post

I had a strong feeling you wouldn't understand what I say saying, or it would go over your head.. So here is a screenshot I took.

UieVkaT.jpg

I know what you're talking about. I can see it when quoting your post. I'm saying it doesn't hurt to cite the source(s). You know like how they teach you in Eng101? Lol

Just ask JJ.

Posted · Report post

I know what you're talking about. I can see it when quoting your post. I'm saying it doesn't hurt to cite the source(s). You know like how they teach you in Eng101? Lol

Just ask JJ.

I did cite the source, unless you're a troll I feel extremely sorry for you. 

A direct link to the article isn't citing the source?

Posted · Report post

Just ask JJ.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

i cant remember if he is a SF in a PF's body or a PF in a SF's body..

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I stopped reading when the writer said he'd trade MKG for Smith in a "heartbeat".

I would not mind Smith on the Hornets' roster. But if you trade MKG you have to be certain that you are getting a player in return that makes the team legit championship contenders. I do not believe Josh Smith is that guy.