Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norman was pulled

105 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i say keep him around. Patience is a virtue for a reason. If by the end of next game he is still acting like a bonehead then maybe consider cutting ties with him. Hate that he has tons of upside but every time he opens his mouth he plummets a little further. 

I was impressed with the play of Cason and White, after everyone settled down. Even Thomas made a few good plays. Secondary is looking promising.

Posted · Report post

Norman is a hothead, but I don't think he should be getting this treatment. Compared to Kevlin who drew a penalty, losing us points, it wasn't really a big deal. Actually on the subject of Kelvin he's starting to show a trend of a bit of dirty play.

I don't think TD fighting fire with fire helped the situation at all, neither sitting him every time he might make a penalty. Actually looking up Norman's penalties I could only find four total in his career.

Posted · Report post

I don't think they were 'allowed' per se.

I just think they were better at knowing how to get away with it.

Or maybe they just stole all the Refs glasses??? There could have been a class on how not to ref in the NFL that game and to say it did not effect the game would be to just lie.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Norman just still doesn't get it

Posted · Report post

Safety position was the worst part of last night IMO, would be nice to see boston healthy to see what he can do

Posted · Report post

Safety position was the worst part of last night IMO, would be nice to see boston healthy to see what he can do

If it's as bad as pre-2013 we're in for some problems.

Posted · Report post

There ain't no way you can have a player on your team that you can't put on the field vs. opposing players because you're scared they couldn't handle it mentally or emotionally.

In other words, if Norman continues to convince the coaches of exactly that, that he can't handle the game mentally or emotionally, then he gone.

Jk !

Posted · Report post

i like what norman can bring to the table, but i am now convinced josh norman is a moron...

from bbr...

If Norman knew Rivera was upset, he didn’t show it afterward. The third-year player batted away numerous questions about the incident, claiming his emotions were a product of the Panthers aggressive defense.

“What do you want us to be out there, little puppets? I mean, you don’t want us to say nothing? Come on, it’s within the game,” Norman said. “At the end of the day, nobody got flagged for it, so what’s the big deal?”

Posted · Report post

Norman is a punk who wanna be Sherman 2.0. He probably runs his mouth better than Sherman too. Too bad he can't cover worth poo.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Say what you want, but the defensive backfield was looking a little lackadaisical (damn near suspect) before Norman came in.  Sure, Cason was lighting it up a little bit, but White was meh, and the safety play just wasn't cutting the mustard in my book. I remember yelling at the screen, "Damn, they need to do something...Put Norman in!"  Well when Norman was put in, the intensity of the backfield went up noticeably.  Of course when Davis reprimanded Norman and the kid didn't exactly act contrite---seemingly wasn't learning the lesson---I thought to myself, "This may be trouble." And so it was.  Norman needs to stay out of his own way.  As for these supposed bad plays on the field that some of you are suggesting, I didn't see them (not that I'm the best Xs and Os guy, but I am adept at analyzing the big picture).  

I will support Rivera and G-man, whatever they do in this situation, but there are consequences either way.  Perhaps there will be more compelling and competent replacements out there once final cuts start coming in. I don't know.  I just don't see them now.  But, Norman will be 27 years old this year.  It's past time to grow up.

The defense as a whole settled down and only gave up six points.  White and Cason dissected all of their little swing passes and screen plays.  Only one of those plays got positive yards.  White and Cason played really well and almost came up with two interceptions.  The getting trucked play still only resulted in a six yard gain.  I chalked that up to one player slowing up cause a guy is running out of bounds in a damn preseason game.  Norman made one play on Bowe and then couldn't keep his shite together for the rest of the game.  Since you cannot remember any of the plays where he looked bad, here is one.  Frankie Hammond beat him on a crossing route and Norman collapsed at his feet.  Hammond ran free until being run down by Benwikere.  Listen, I understand the kid has talent.  He would need Sherman or Peterson like talent to be worth it though, because he has a bigger attitude than both of them.  I like players that play with emotion, but head butting players after routine plays and then bucking established team leaders cannot be good for team morale.  I didn't even know he was about to be 27.  He better lock it up.

Posted · Report post

picked up by national media

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000379485/article/carolina-panthers-learning-from-playoff-meltdown

I love Thomas Davis, and love that there is no Thomas Davis on the taints.

What would TD do if he was on the taints and Graham not once but twice thumbed his nose at the NFL and his teammates in a preseason game by deliberately garnering a penalty to make an individual point?

And where was Brees during that episode?  

Things are looking up for us, I don't see a complete team in our division and a complete team can take this.  

Posted · Report post

picked up by national media

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000379485/article/carolina-panthers-learning-from-playoff-meltdown

I love Thomas Davis, and love that there is no Thomas Davis on the taints.

What would TD do if he was on the taints and Graham not once but twice thumbed his nose at the NFL and his teammates in a preseason game by deliberately garnering a penalty to make an individual point?

And where was Brees during that episode?  

Things are looking up for us, I don't see a complete team in our division and a complete team can take this.  

Graham's thing was funny, an All-Pro TE (or w/e he wants to be called), poking fun at a somewhat pointless rule.  Norman however is a guy that barely can make the team and has been in the doghouse despite his potential. On top of it all, we just suffered mightily in the playoff game due to dumb stuff like that. As SOON as he did it I had flashbacks of the SF game. And was delighted to see Davis beat into him.

(and on a side note) I feel Kelvin got away with his because we need that fire out of the young guy who honestly comes off as very chill and quiet. I'm glad KB let his size and attitude show on the play he got flagged on.