Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible DE Trade?

113 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we should keep all of them.. if greg goes down we need someone to step up big time.. johnson is slowing down.. alexander addison and ealy are the best back ups..

Posted

i would do it but not for pics. If we could get a fair trade, a player of the same age and comparable ability at OT, I would do it in a heartbeat. I usually hate trades, but I worry about the cumulation of hits cam is going to take in his career and if we can a young OT of Alexander's talent I would feel a lot better.

Posted

I don't know who this "Jeremy" guy is.

He spoke in class today..........

1 person likes this

Posted

For some SAT practice:

Hurney is to RBs as Gettleman is to

A) Hamsters

B) DEs

C) Nipple shorts

And the answer is... B! Although you could make a strong case for C. Seriously, Gettleman loves him some DEs. No way does he trade away one of his stockpile.

Posted

For some SAT practice:

Hurney is to RBs as Gettleman is to

A) Hamsters

B) DEs

C) Nipple shorts

And the answer is... B! Although you could make a strong case for C. Seriously, Gettleman loves him some DEs. No way does he trade away one of his stockpile.

I think he seriously hates quarterbacks.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Matt Ryan, Tom Brady and Brees laying on the ground clutching their pretty football like a newborn.

It is a good strategy for the NFL right now.  Considering all the rules that favor wide-receivers and the rampant pass-based offenses in the league, the most consistent strategy is to constantly pressure quarterbacks.

1 person likes this

Posted

I find this unlikely considering that our entire gameplan hinges upon having DE's that can put pressure on a QB to help a patchwork secondary.

With that being said, it's also not the character of this organization to receive significant compensation for players lost. See Brandon LaFell, Mike Mitchell, Ted Ginn.....

One year contracts for everyone!!!

Posted

Don't think anyone would give something up for Wes Horton when better guys will be cut by their teams soon enough, Horton potentially included.

Posted

Some of you still are not getting that last year we were a defensive powerhouse with 5 defensive ends. Now we have 6 and pressing needs elsewhere.

I'm not so sure some of you realize there is a 53 player limit.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I think Jeremy bugged Gettleman's office

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

hank-with-coffee.gif

2 people like this

Posted

The Panthers won't keep 6 DE'S on their roster.

It's that simple.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Not on active game day no.

I could see 6 on the 53 activating the 6th depending on match up.

If you take 9 DL on the game day 45, you could run 6 DE and 3 DT when you play the Saints vs 4 D and 5 DE when you play a Seahawks.

Either way, it's nice to have assests.

Posted

Don't think anyone would give something up for Wes Horton when better guys will be cut by their teams soon enough, Horton potentially included.

Horton is a very solid rotational DE. I suspect the league values such.