19 replies to this topic

#1 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

quoting myself because i'm lazy...

as ugly as it was, the oline didn't play as bad as it looked. on numerous occasions newton held onto the ball way too freaking long. his refusal to throw it away or use a check down is ridiculous. i'm going to assume they're forcing the issue of developing chemistry between him and the WRs and chalk this up to working out the kinks since it's preseason.

as far as run blocking, it is what it is...but there's no way in hell williams can be the bell cow back.

in a nutshell, don't anticipate the world beating offensive line the panthers had in 2008. the current line is serviceable.

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

LIES Bryon Bell got beat by Chandler "Bones" Jones all day. Cam held onto the ball? WHERE IS HE GOING TO THROW IT?!?

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Did you not see our run game?

#4 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Bell and Scott were absolutely terrible.

Byron is going to have to get C Jones' name tattooed on his ass after this game.

Edited by Sloth, 22 August 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,669 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

trai turner and nate chandler were out

#6 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,630 posts

It hasn't been great buuuut it's the preseason. So who knows.

#7 Guest_NEMasshole_*

Guest_NEMasshole_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

I know you probably don't know it from a distance but the Patriots defense is much improved especially the secondary, our defense is stacked with first round picks now, it's not the bad old Patriots defense from the past few years.

Good coverage put more stress on Cam and the o-line and Chandler Jones is a beast he's going to have 15+ Sacks this year he had 11.5 as a 2nd year player last year.

#8 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

The offensive line was awful dude. our leading rusher had like 14 yards. Yeah, um...

But, Turner and Chandler were both out.

#9 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

i understand that Cam is an easy target for people who want to portray themselves as intelligent and Byron Bell led a get rowdy hoorah chant in practice so we want to pretend he's good now but the offensive line was awful tonight. Yes we were down two guys but our starting LT was abused.

#10 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

I know you probably don't know it from a distance but the Patriots defense is much improved especially the secondary, our defense is stacked with first round picks now, it's not the bad old Patriots defense from the past few years.

Good coverage put more stress on Cam and the o-line and Chandler Jones is a beast he's going to have 15+ Sacks this year he had 11.5 as a 2nd year player last year.

i read an article just before the game that the patriots were going to show off their new defense this game.

it looks much improved.

#11 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I really dont get the fuss about the O line. Cam had enough time in the pocket to hold a press conference back there if he wanted to, it was a very solid looking O line in pass protection tonight.

#12 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Panther Aficionado

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationViera, Florida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

I know you probably don't know it from a distance but you're an idiot.

#13 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

The offensive line was awful dude. our leading rusher had like 14 yards. Yeah, um...

Our QB went 8 for 12 with nearly a 100 yds before half time, if thats considered a awful O line then I think our O line needs to be awful more often.

#14 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

It would help if we ran the ball more than 10 times the whole game. They were throwing the ball on almost every play in the first half.

#15 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

additionally if i hear Byron Bell brag about how humble and respected he is one more time I am literally going to vomit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com