Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rivera - newton will play vs pitt

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/503008448821198848

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 · 8m
Short week is an excuse, Rivera said. Made it clear this wasn't dress rehearsal. But clearly displeased

Posted · Report post

Why even bother?

Posted · Report post

Pats troll incoming

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

By week 3 if Cotchery and Avant doesn't show more, Panthers nation need to have a problem with Rivera. I'm not with the playing the guys Dave brought into replace those he let go to keep him from looking bad crap

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He needs it. He does not look at all ready for game day.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Also said he was disappointed in the pass rush. Seems to me like CJ [i]is[/i] the pass rush, Hardy is just there for the ride.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Also said he was disappointed in the pass rush. Seems to me like CJ is the pass rush, Hardy is just there for the ride.

hardy was hurt and was pulled from the game.

Posted · Report post

He needs it. He does not look at all ready for game day.

Yeah he needs work on timing, but 8-12 w/ 88 yards. I will take that all day

Posted · Report post

Yeah he needs work on timing, but 8-12 w/ 88 yards. I will take that all day

In three quarters? That's bad!

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Just means we kept missing on 3rd downs and stalling drives.

Posted · Report post

Well granted Cam is always around 20-25 pass attempts a game, and the fact that he only played one series in the 3rd quarter (I think)....its not bad at all. We ran a lot too, so theres that........

Posted · Report post

Well granted Cam is always around 20-25 pass attempts a game, and the fact that he only played one series in the 3rd quarter (I think)....its not bad at all. We ran a lot too, so theres that........

It is bad. He missed throws when it counted, both to Olsen that would have set us up in good field position. Instead, he overthrew both of them. Also, we generated 0 points with Cam at the helm. That isn't good. I'm sure he will get his ryhthm back, but for this game, he was eh.

Posted · Report post

Rivera and Shula seem to be dead set on turning Cam into Jay Cutler this preseason.

Posted · Report post

It is bad. He missed throws when it counted, both to Olsen that would have set us up in good field position. Instead, he overthrew both of them. Also, we generated 0 points with Cam at the helm. That isn't good. I'm sure he will get his ryhthm back, but for this game, he was eh.

People are trying to downplay how bad he was. All his drives ended with punts. There is a reason his coach wants him to play in the 4th preseason game that most starting QB do not play in!

Posted · Report post

Missing 4 throws in a preseason game isnt nothing to be worried about. He's only had 17 pass attempts this preseason. Of course he will be rusty and make errant throws but what QB dosent coming off of surgery? Not worried one bit, and neither should you.

Posted · Report post

People are trying to downplay how bad he was. All his drives ended with punts. There is a reason his coach wants him to play in the 4th preseason game that most starting QB do not play in!

Because he wasn't able to have any offseason work with new WRs?

Posted · Report post

If he played well, connecting with Greg Olsen (who is not new btw) etc and scoring at least three TDs, you think RR will have said he's going to play the last game?

Posted · Report post

Don't bother. That guy is one of the "why not give Anderson a shot???" folks.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Don't bother. That guy is one of the "why not give Anderson a shot???" folks.

Why don't you show the whole world where I made a quote or ever said DA should start over Cam. I'll be waiting.

Posted · Report post

I say play him a half. But go mainly passes. I know our o line gives him very little security..

he needs the reps. We need to beat Tampa Bay..

Posted · Report post

CelibatePimp you have become quite the sh*t poster.

Your repetitive negative comments about Cam are worth a chuckle though at least.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I wonder if Colts fans criticize Luck like that when he miss a throw. And he misses a lot of throws.

Remember, you're talking about a 24th ranked player in the top 100.

Posted · Report post

I really do try to believe in RR. How the hell do you not address the damn OC and shitty O line? RR is deficient. I really feel that way.

Posted · Report post

By week 3 if Cotchery and Avant doesn't show more, Panthers nation need to have a problem with Rivera. I'm not with the playing the guys Dave brought into replace those he let go to keep him from looking bad crap

Cotchery and Avant are two very established vets. First of all.

Second, even IF your doomsday BS .came true, Dave Gettleman would be the person responsilble, as ge us the one the bought the groceries.

I guess I just don't understand all this bs.
The rookie and young guys needs the snaps more than two pros.