Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

I contended Deangelo is the 3rd best RB on the team

188 posts in this topic

Actually in 2011 Stew had 1174 yards from scrimmage that year, DWill had 971 yards from scrimmage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StewJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDe02.htm

Our Oline was infinitely better.

Yup you're right. And I don't know why you added oline was infinitely better considering what we've seen when the oline hasn't been good. Stews physicality makes him the better option.

I want stew in there to give us better 3rd downs. Dwill didn't get it done last year and he's a year older. Stew is more physically imposing. I want dwill on more change of pace type plays. Because him running into brick walls, although not his fault, is not getting us into better 3rd down scenarios. I want what's best for the team

been saying this,but I wouldn't say Tolbert yet. stew is better though.

d-will can break a 70 yard screen though.....

Very true and I pied your other post because it's true. But thinking within the team we have a healthy stew and the stew I have seen thus far breaking tackles he needs to be our #1

I would have to see him do it in a full time roll

Riddle me this, if we need running backs like stew and Tolbert for our scheme why are we drafting d will prototype rbs,

Bottom line I think they should split carries, neither is significantly better then the other to warrant who gets the start

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I would have to see him do it in a full time roll

For sure but do you think dwill is gonna get it done right now? From what we've seen stew seems to be the better option, at this point. Only way to see is to feed the beast because we did that last year for dwill with very poor results. Dwill is amazing in certain situations and god awful in others ( and yes that has mostly to do with the oline)

Riddle me this, if we need running backs like stew and Tolbert for our scheme why are we drafting d will prototype rbs,

Bottom line I think they should split carries, neither is significantly better then the other to warrant who gets the start

The only RB Gettleman drafted is Barner, who is nothing like DWill. So, I'm not sure what you mean.

EDIT: and Gaffney, who is nothing like DWill.

Two things. First, DWill has had a bunch of productive runs up the middle. Not every fuging play is a dud. He is probably still faster than Stewy. But, Stewy is a bigger back. Use them correctly, and they can still compliment each of pretty damm well.

Second. Rarely see CRA around. Throw out a bash DWill thread, and the dude is all over it. lol

1 person likes this

The only RB Gettleman drafted is Barner, who is nothing like DWill. So, I'm not sure what you mean.

EDIT: and Gaffney, who is nothing like DWill.

not like him in a good way or bad?

There not in the mold of Stewart or Tolbert

not like him in a good way or bad?

There not in the mold of Stewart or Tolbert

You asked why we were drafting RBs in the mold of DWill. Those guys are nothing like DWill. It's not a good or bad thing.

Two things. First, DWill has had a bunch of productive runs up the middle. Not every fuging play is a dud. He is probably still faster than Stewy. But, Stewy is a bigger back. Use them correctly, and they can still compliment each of pretty damm well.

Second. Rarely see CRA around. Throw out a bash DWill thread, and the dude is all over it. lol

90% of his up the middle runs are duds now. This is reality. I'm with CRA on this one. We don't have the oline for dwills type of running on a consistent basis. I love dwill as a person and player but he's not a #1 for this type of team we have.

This isn't a hate fest for me. This is just what I've seen. Most people here who have been against dwill starting actually really like the dude.

The rb starting is going to have to shake off d lineman. It's the reality of our run blocking being what it is. Dwill in this stage of his career isn't cutting it. We need to design plays to take advantage of his abilities but those are not on standard running plays that we have now. Sorry