Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A closer look at Bersin preseason stats

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I riding with White Lightning until those thunder clouds stop rolling.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see him as a #2, but he looks like he could be a legit #3.

Posted

Interestingly enough, on the Panthers.com Depth chart, he's the #3. I am not sure I am reading it incorrectly though, I could be.

I wouldn't read to much into that as it isn't the official depth by the coaching staff. We will get an official

Depth chart before Tampa obviously.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

The last two game he was targeted 4 times. All 4 were receptions.

This.

When we needed WR help the most, Bersin and King step up big time.  I am not worried about Avant and Cotchery, but they were, are, and will be #3 WRs. 

I still want to see Bersin in games vs. the ones, but I am satisfied with what I have seen. Hats off to him for defying the odds.

Posted

e29jjPK.png4paIJkF.png

Qp8mU1u.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Sat within a few feet of his parents last year in Spartanburg.  They were both wearing Panther Bersin jerseys.  My wife asked who's that and pointed to their jerseys.  I just told her he was some guy that grew up in Jerry's neighborhood and went to Wofford and that Bersin was on the team as a mercy case.

Maybe this year he can prove me wrong.

Posted

Who was 1st?

This is bannable.  Bannable, bannable, bannable.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah looks I was dead wrong when I said last week he ceiling was a 4. I think he could end up at the 3 over Avant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I like Bersin and he's got a promising future but Avant is clutch. When Bersin does something in games that count that warrants a YouTube appreciation video, I may reconsider but until then don't underestimate Avant. He's a great Cather of balls....he catches everything thrown in his general direction - that just what he does.

Posted

His stats are extremely deceptive in their current form. All they show is that he's capable of performing against 2nd and 3rd string guys. Theres been zero indication that he could perform, at a consistent level against 1st string NFL players.

Im not saying he doesnt deserve a chance though and I absolutely think the guy should make the final 53, but all this talk about him being a #2, needs to stop until he's actually proven he's capable of beating starting caliber players in the NFL on a consistent basis. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This guy is a monster,representing Wofford.

Posted

It's more important who those stats came against, doesn't mean much if they came against future grocery baggers.

Getting A lot of attention, huh? Gotta change that profile pic back so people would recognize ya.

Smart Move. You are indeed a spark

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no way he is 190.

I am 6'2 and 200lbs. He is quite a bit bigger than me.

190? wtf?

I didnt even know that was possible. What is he? The Machinist?

christian-bale-machinist.jpg