Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurry-Up/High Tempo Offense

40 posts in this topic

Posted

We are capable of it, but we only do it at the end of the game. Remember all the 4th qtr comebacks last year.  Our staff doesnt want a fast game, they always want a ball control methodical offense. We will never run like cincy, indy, aints, or  eagles without a new OC.

Which will lead to a lot of close, palm sweating, final drive games, which we might as well get use too.

Posted

it's not one or the other.. it would behoove Shula to use his talent to his advantage and he has the height and TEs to do something other than keep his offense out of rhythm.. punting the ball doesn't help the defense, nor do we have the run game to control the clock. I'll take that back if they prove otherwise...

You could easily argue that is exactly what we did as a team last season. We also were number 3 in TOP per drive.

We played great complimentary football last year....and the result was great. We overachieved

Posted

you know... now that our defense is stout, i actually wouldnt mind a Chudzinski-like philosophy on offense. when Chud was here, our problem was defense. not offense. just imagine if we had that offense matched with our current defense?! we would be immediate SB contenders.

i suppose i dont mind the Shula-style offense as long as it keeps winning us games. but surely a team can run a ball-control offense and still be extremely dangerous with respect to the explosive plays.

Our D was stout in part bc of great health and the O keeping them fresh.

I do agree the explosive plays could improve

Chud helped our D be an issue. He would go for big plays and we had long droughts....D could never finish games they should of

1 person likes this

Posted

So im a d coordinator. I roll my coverage to the rookie KB. I know your o line is suspect. How are you going to beat me?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

You could easily argue that is exactly what we did as a team last season

We played great complimentary football last year....and the result was great. We overachieved

how many years do you think we can overachieve at 28th in the league and consistently make the playoffs?

1 person likes this

Posted

So im a d coordinator. I roll my coverage to the rookie KB. I know your o line is suspect. How are you going to beat me?

with Swole, Olsen, Bersin, Tolbert, Stewart, Dlo on a screen, or if necessary, Cam fuggin Newton's sweet feet

1 person likes this

Posted

He runs a ball control O. He wants to play to the D and control the clock. That is what Shula is.....and it worked last year. 12-4.

We can always bring Chud back if people miss the ESPN highlights

Well, Chud was half stupid. Like Voth said, the guy is just a TE coach. How anyone hired him for anything beyond that is mesmerizing.

Posted

Our D was stout in part bc of great health and the O keeping them fresh.

I do agree the explosive plays could improve

Chud helped our D be an issue. He would go for big plays and we had long droughts....D could never finish games they should of

eh yea i suppose youre right. i just wish Shula could find some way to rake in some more 20+ yard plays. i would be totally in favor of his offense if he could make defenses fear the explosive play and keep our play calls unpredictable. 

Posted

how many years do you think we can overachieve at 28th in the league and consistently make the playoffs?

Raw yardage is really a false stat. It is what you do, not how often you do it.

We were 10th and 11th in yards and points per drive. That makes us one of the top 10-11ish most effective/efficient offenses in the NFL.

Claiming we were the 28th best offense is grossly misleading IMO

Posted

read option

Posted

Raw yardage is really a false stat. It is what you do, not how often you do it.

We were 10th and 11th in yards and points per drive. That makes us one of the top 10-11ish most effective/efficient offenses in the NFL.

Claiming we were the 28th best offense is grossly misleading IMO

had to straight up shut me down huh

Posted

2 tall athletic TEs against your LBs and S...   set picks and stretch horizontally, force CBs to revise rolling their coverage, then get RBs out in space..