Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Bucs looking at Incognito, traded for Mankins

119 posts in this topic

I thought everybody on this board felt that OG is a position of little importance and could be filled by any late round pick.

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

How have Amini looked so far?

And, I'm not sure many are wanting an OG. We want a LT and wondering why Gman can't make a similar move.

I thought everybody on this board felt that OG is a position of little importance and could be filled by any late round pick.

Definitely not.

I really wish we'd make a similar caliber move at OT. Or SS, even.

I would hate trading the first four picks of the draft, especially for a 32 year old.

?

PFT reporting the Bucs inquired about Alex Boone before trading for Mankins.

Everyone keeps saying "just a 4th rounder" and are ignoring TE Tim Wright being in the deal. This could say something about the health of Gronk or just the fact that they want to go back to a solid 2 TE set. I can see him being a big part of their offense this year. 

Wright is a big, athletic TE who fits the Patriots perfectly and scoring 5 TD's and almost 600 yds in his rookie season is nothing to ignore. Plus it frees up $5.8m in cap space for them. 

5 people like this

Everyone keeps saying "just a 4th rounder" and are ignoring TE Tim Wright being in the deal. This could say something about the health of Gronk or just the fact that they want to go back to a solid 2 TE set. I can see him being a big part of their offense this year. 

Wright is a big, athletic TE who fits the Patriots perfectly and scoring 5 TD's and almost 600 yds in his rookie season is nothing to ignore. Plus it frees up $5.8m in cap space for them. 

Valid.  That's part of the deal too.

Lovie Smith was recently quoted as saying that Wright "hasn't played as well as he should be playing" so I guess they're not that worried about parting with him.

1 person likes this

I would hate trading the first four picks of the draft, especially for a 32 year old.

Do you need to look at our list of 4th rounders again?

Tre Boston

Edmund Kugbilla

Joe Adams

Brandon Hogan

Eric Norwood

I'd take a 32 year old all pro for all of our 4th rounders.

5 people like this

How have Amini looked so far?

And, I'm not sure many are wanting an OG. We want a LT and wondering why Gman can't make a similar move.

Amini wasn't a late round pick

Amini wasn't a late round pick

That's worse