118 replies to this topic

#106 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

It annoys me they are taking any means necessary to address there biggest weakness.

#107 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,506 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

I love the Huddle.

Rival gets solid, albeit older, Pro Bowl O-Lineman ... Huddle mocks the old man.

Had Panthers done the same trade for solid, albeit older, Pro Bowl O-Lineman ... Huddle woud've jizzed so hard they could etch glass.

I think that is how every fan base has worked for the history if man kind

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#108 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Great deal for both. Wright saved me in super deep fantasy league, he was a top ten TE for a couple weeks.

#109 emhoward

emhoward

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

You're more worried about the defense than the offense?

(that's kinda unusual these days)

I kinda understand what he's saying though. Because of concern that the offense won't be clicking I was backing on our defenses ability to limit them to ten points or so..

That could still happen but the upgrade that made is just a little worrisome. I fear a game similar to the opener against them in 2012.

#110 shabazz

shabazz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Bucs fan here. I know it is hard to be objective when assessing a rival team, but let me shed some light on Tim Wright who some seem to consider as a good player that made Bucs lose out on that trade.

Tim Wright was a beneficiary of being one of the very few receiving options on a bad team. After Mike Williams got injured, Ogletree turned out to be a bust, supposed starting TEs Tom Crabtree and Luke Stocker were injured, we had NOTHING beyond Jackson. Wright was a WR in college, played for Schiano in Rutgers. He was converted to a TE at 220 lbs and plugged in. He almost always lined up at slot WR and saw a lot of targets coming this way as Jackson was doubled by default. Even Tiquan Underwood who only played like 12 games with Bucs hauled in 450 yds. Glennon had to sling the ball to play catch up and somebody had to catch it, like Wright and Underwood in this case.

Wright is a poor man's Dante Rosario, your very own. He is a giveaway that an offense is going to pass. He never could block for poo even if CBs were covering him. When he lined up inline and Bucs ran the ball, it was a disaster. Part of having a TE is the surprise a defense gets if the play is pass or run, it was never possible with Wright. Lovie saw that and demanded more from Wright in terms of blocking. He has not improved what so ever supposedly, but he also seemed to have dropped a lot of catches in the camp. For a guy who is purely a receiving TE that is not good and hence the boot.

#111 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,818 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

^ sounds like he'll thrive in NE, then

#112 AU-panther

AU-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

It annoys me they are taking any means necessary to address there biggest weakness.

Too bad we don't have the same "means".

#113 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

We probably couldn't afford to fit Mankins under the cap, plus we need help at OT far more than we do at OG and no one trades a decent OT for scraps, even if they are on the decline.

#114 duke11693

duke11693

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

They essentially traded away our equivalent of Tre Boston and Ed Dickson for Logan Mankins. I'd do that in a heartbeat even if Boston was healthy. 

#115 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I saw some Pat fan post Mankins was responsible for conceding 11 sacks last year. That seems high to me but maybe old Bill knows a thing or two.

Can anyone confirm that?

#116 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

I saw some Pat fan post Mankins was responsible for conceding 11 sacks last year. That seems high to me but maybe old Bill knows a thing or two.

Can anyone confirm that?

I don't think NE would be willing to ship him off if he was still an elite OG.  He's at that age where a lot of guys start falling off rapidly.  Father Time is undefeated.

#117 AU-panther

AU-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

The Patriots cleared close to 20 million in cap space over the next 3 years, got a draft pick, and a player that might be able to contribute in an area of need. I would do that in a heartbeat.

#118 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Brady reportedly pissed about the trade.

#119 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Brady reportedly pissed about the trade.

He's next

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com