Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NfL.com: Cam has taken 467 hits or sacks in three years

96 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

More then double any other QB in that span. This cannot keep up or he will be beat up and done way before his time. This should be a wake up call to the organization.If they want to keep the franchise QB around long enough to actually win something,they better get the offensive line straight sooner then later. I wished that they had addressed this in 2014, but I do understand the cap restraints. I am hoping that they will make this a priority next year. The cannot wait two years and expect him not to be broken up. To late this year to really to do much now,they better have a plan to tighten up this group next year the latest. Cam also holding the ball way to long and not throwing it away isn't helping the situation.

Posted · Report post

TBH, some of these numbers are probably just light tackles he took on run plays. I want a lot of football and I doubt Cam takes too many more hard hits than the next QB.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I guess having 2 pro bowl caliber o linemen on the team his first 3 years wasnt enough.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Some people really don't get what is going on with that number.

For real

Posted · Report post

Just relaying what I read. Im sure that his rushing is a big part of this number.Just alarming that he has taken that kind of beating and really hasn't been hurt before now.

Posted · Report post

A Sack is, or isn't marked as a rushing attempt?....Not that important.

This stat isn't good for comparisons sake. He's never done himself any favors when it comes to sacks.Now it's time to start getting smarter about it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How many "shots" has he taken on runs though? Dbs and even line backers aren't going to put a big hit on him like they do rgknee. I can only recall a few times he has actually been hit hard.

Posted · Report post

367 rush attempts. Well there's at least 300 hits right there.

Posted · Report post

Definitely a misleading stat. Cam has only been hit hard a few times.

Sent from my iPhone
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The amount of denial on this forum is a little scary.  If this style of play continues he will not have a healthy 15 year career.

2 people like this