Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Ron Rivera an NFL Top 10 Coach?

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think the COTY award speaks more to his potential and growth than overall body of work. I don't have an issue with him not being included. He's got more work to do and can still make improvements. Two right off the top of my head: Starting faster in the regular season, and becoming more comfortable and engaged with the offensive side of the game planning
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm more offended that Andy Reid and Mike McCarthy are listed ahead of John Harbaugh on that list.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

All of those coaches have been to or won superbowls. Ron will have his time.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As mush as i love riverboat, hes only had one winning season.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Rivera has his obvious strengths and weaknesses.  He is not a strategist, he is a motivator.  He may not out-think other coaches, but his players will play for him.  Rivera needs to surround himself with the right people in order to truly be effective.  The biggest question is, is Shula that guy?

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Riverboat might be a top 10 coach.

Ron? Ron had a lot of goofs. But that happens early on
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No he is not. 1 good season is not enough.

Posted · Report post

I dont think RR is a top 10 coach...

He is quick to say Cam needs to prove he's a franchise QB...

Meanwhile, RR has never won the season opening game. or the game following a bye week, and would have possibly lost the confidence of the team if not for Steve Smith (the trouble maker who had to leave?) calling for a players only meeting last year to keep the team from giving up after week 3

Ron has A LOT to prove before I consider him a top anything

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I dont think RR is a top 10 coach...

He is quick to say Cam needs to prove he's a franchise QB...

Meanwhile, RR has never won the season opening game. or the game following a bye week, and would have possibly lost the confidence of the team if not for Steve Smith (the trouble maker who had to leave?) calling for a players only meeting last year to keep the team from giving up after week 3

Ron has A LOT to prove before I consider him a top anything

Wow, this post is deep. I wholeheartedly agree.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Take Fox and Reid out 

Posted · Report post

He's number 11, just missed this graphic

Posted · Report post

For those without insider:

23. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers (2.97 average)

Rivera seemed to be about out of time before the Panthers rallied from a 1-3 start to win eight in a row and 11 of their final 12 regular-season games. "Great job holding them together," a former GM said.

The Panthers changed GMs during Rivera's tenure and they have subsequently done some roster retooling with an eye toward extricating themselves from lingering salary-cap problems. Expectations for the Panthers around the league have fallen as a result, but as one GM put it, looks can be deceiving.

"Some moves are cap-related, but when you do things, you are not just hoping they work out," this GM said. "You have a reason. If they go through all they went through and they felt like losing Steve Smith makes them a better team and they let him walk and it works out, Rivera easily goes to a 2 for me. There is risk. You did not play it safe."