Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only 2 of 11 NFL.com analysts see us back in Playoffs

25 posts in this topic

Posted

As the 6th seed:

Gil Brandt: Carolina Panthers. I think everybody's kind of writing off the Panthers, given how much receiving talent they lost, but the pass catchers they ended up with -- including first-round pick Kelvin Benjamin -- are as good as last year's guys. Plus, their defense is still excellent.

Elliot Harrison: Panthers. The defense is simply too stout for this team to not make the postseason, although we envision a drop to 10-6 or perhaps 9-7. Cam Newton must stay healthy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000384777/article/2014-nfc-playoff-predictions-trends-emerge-in-division-races

lol at Michael Silver picking the Bucs to win the South. SMH.

2 people like this

Posted

Elliot Harrison is their best writer imo

Posted

well at least michael silver went out on a limb.

everyone else is just lazy with their fall to the bottom predictions for us.

1 person likes this

Posted

Adam Schein will never learn..

1 person likes this

Posted

Not even a winning season for us. It's our traditional 'down year'. And we've lost sooooo many of our top players since last season.

We sure didn't get picked by anybody to go 12-4 and win the division last year, so I'm all for proving 'em wrong again. Not sure 10-6 will get us a playoff spot though, so I'll agree that we drop off....... to 11-5 (hopefully not just wishful thinking).

Posted

We'll, we are going to let the bucs put 49 points on the board...

1 person likes this

Posted

Elliot Harrison is their best writer imo

Whoa there. Two good articles doesn't erase the decade worth of crap he's produced.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I don't know why everyone cares so much about this.  Lets be honest, we had a ton of turnover on our team this season.  If Gross and Smitty were still on this team I guarantee they would be saying something different.

They are analyst and they are paid to analyze what they think will happen.  Heck I'm not even sure we can make the playoffs.  Let them talk.  It's not a knock on the Panthers or  "disrespect", it's opinion.  And everyone is entitled to one.

Posted

Basically, they are projecting the Bears to take our spot, and their offense is great but their D is a question mark

Division Champs

West - Seahawks (10 of 11)

South - Saints (10 of 11)

North - Packers (10 of 11)

East - Eagles (10 of 11)

Wildcard:

8 of 11 - Bears

7 of 11 - 49ers

2 of 11 - Panthers

2 of 11 - Lions

2 of 11 - Cards

2 of 11 - Cowboys

1 of 11 - Bucs

And the Cowboys was a joke, the one guy said it was "improbable" the other guy said "There is no rational reason for me to make this selection"

Posted

Whoa there. Two good articles doesn't erase the decade worth of crap he's produced.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Thats my point lol they all suck to me.

Posted

We really should be used to this by now...I'd rather these "analysts" crap on us.  Rivera and the players feed off of it.  

2 people like this