Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wayne Ellington?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Between our depth at SG I don't see the point.

Posted

can always use more 3pt shooting.. but doubt we even sniff around

Posted

can always use more 3pt shooting.. but doubt we even sniff around

Ellington was dangerous during that title run.  Obviously not much more because he went to NY and to the Kings.

But like you said.  Never have enough 3 pt shooting.

Posted

Ellington excites me more than Neal....but not by much. I'd much rather PJ get the minutes than add another SG. 

Posted

Some people will only be satisfied if 25% of the roster is made up of former Tar Heels.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some people will only be satisfied if 25% of the roster is made up of former Tar Heels.

I'm surprised we had made it this far in this thread before one of these comments. There's always at least one. Way to be it! 

Posted

Worth a shot I suppose. But if the Kings are letting him go then that itself should be an omen.

Posted

I'm surprised we had made it this far in this thread before one of these comments. There's always at least one. Way to be it! 

But you have to admit, even as a UNC homer, there's a significant amount of posts posing the idea of bringing in a UNC player on here.

I'd say probably 10x as many as bringing in a player from any other school. Also a horrible idea anyway. SG is great as it is.

1 person likes this

Posted

But you have to admit, even as a UNC homer, there's a significant amount of posts posing the idea of bringing in a UNC player on here.

I'd say probably 10x as many as bringing in a player from any other school. Also a horrible idea anyway. SG is great as it is.

Doesn't seem like it to me. At least not options that aren't realistic.

But you have to admit that we can't have an objective conversation about a NBA player and how they would help the Hornets if the went to UNC without half the posters immediately talking about the connection to the Heels. It's gets really old.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted

Doesn't seem like it to me. At least not options that aren't realistic.

But you have to admit that we can't have an objective conversation about a NBA player and how they would help the Hornets if the went to UNC without half the posters immediately talking about the connection to the Heels. It's gets really old.

Sent from my iPhone

Well, from a realistic viewpoint, most of the time they're posed by UNC fans. So it's kind of natural to point out what is an obvious connection.

UNC annoys me, but I'm glad the Hornets went and got P.J. Not as glad about Marvin Williams. Would've preferred Boozer.

Posted

Well, from a realistic viewpoint, most of the time they're posed by UNC fans. So it's kind of natural to point out what is an obvious connection.

UNC annoys me, but I'm glad the Hornets went and got P.J. Not as glad about Marvin Williams. Would've preferred Boozer.

I would have liked Boozer on the team too. But I think MW gives them more inside-out versatility. MW isn't an incredible signing but I think he's going to be fine.

Sent from my iPhone