Photo
- - - - -

ESPN reporter says his opinion is that Vick...

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

When Dungy was asked about Dick Butkus, Dungy believed that Vck has the right mind set and is truly remorseful about his past. I believe that, but one thing that stuck in my mind is when Dungy was asked about Dick Butkus's football playing shape, he said he wasnt a trainer. When it comes down to it, I want to know if Dick Butkus can play football. Can he even throw a football anymore because he barely could when he was playing football?

The whole "where will Dick Butkus end up" is all speculation. Just because one guy says Carolina is a good fit doesnt mean a thread should be made. ESPN is 90% speculation, dont take what they offer serious.

#17 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

the real Dick Butkus is being dishonored with this autocorrect \/ick stuff!

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

I can't believe anybody is still goofy enough to take this stuff seriously.

Their own Pat Yasinskas made it clear it woul never happen. Anybody that knows the Panthers and has any sense knows it won"t happen, and yet these national morons keep speculating.

Their credibilty at this point is pretty much nil.

#19 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

okay true story about dick butkus time.

at the panther games, this older couple sits behind me. they have since clemson. the guy is a great football mind. watched, coached, and played his entire life. calls out plays for fun. during the dark ages of 1997-2001, whenever the panthers would be getting blown out, he'd mumble under his breath "throw the bomb" with utter disgust.

anyway, he was telling me a story about the first time he saw dick butkus play. back in the day, they had an all star game between the pro and college teams. Butkus was a college all star from illinois i think, and he was heading to make a one on one tackle against jim brown on the sideline.

the guy behind me was on the sideline and he swears he saw jim brown smile. then with a flick of the wrist brown stiff armed butkus five feet through the air, breaking his helmet and jaw in the process. he says the sound of the collision knocked his coffee out of his hand.

that's my story about butkus

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

I try to rely on the credibility of Gantt and other who have said that V!ck is not an option in Carolina... But, if he wasn't an option, why would Fox still not rule him out now? After all the speculation and "experts" saying they think he'll end up in Carolina, Fox came out today and said "We look at all options..." or whatever.

The first time, I can understand why Fox did it. It's Fox speak. But, to do it again after all the speculation. Fox usually would nip it at that point to avoid a bunch of hoopla... Well, he didn't. I'm really starting to think there's some credence to it. I also think for some reason that there is a strong relationship with Dungy and Fox/Hurney/Richardson, and that could overpower whatever negative aspect there may be.

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

okay true story about dick butkus time.

at the panther games, this older couple sits behind me. they have since clemson. the guy is a great football mind. watched, coached, and played his entire life. calls out plays for fun. during the dark ages of 1997-2001, whenever the panthers would be getting blown out, he'd mumble under his breath "throw the bomb" with utter disgust.

anyway, he was telling me a story about the first time he saw dick butkus play. back in the day, they had an all star game between the pro and college teams. Butkus was a college all star from illinois i think, and he was heading to make a one on one tackle against jim brown on the sideline.

the guy behind me was on the sideline and he swears he saw jim brown smile. then with a flick of the wrist brown stiff armed butkus five feet through the air, breaking his helmet and jaw in the process. he says the sound of the collision knocked his coffee out of his hand.

that's my story about butkus

Butkus himself told the story of his first encounter with Jim Brown on NFL Films.

On the first play, he tackled Brown pretty hard, and while he was on the ground said "Man, you stink."

Second play, same result, and Butkus said with more emphasis "Man, you stink!"

Third play, Brown came around, stiffarmed him then blew right past him, and as he was running away yelled back "How do I smell now, mother------?" :eek:

#22 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Sorry guys. We won't hear the end of this. Carolina was the first team out of their mouths on Sports Center just now...

#23 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

I would love it

#24 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

I saw Dick Butkus in Vegas recently

#25 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

Why is this board not allowing V!ck talk?

#26 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

I try to rely on the credibility of Gantt and other who have said that V!ck is not an option in Carolina... But, if he wasn't an option, why would Fox still not rule him out now? After all the speculation and "experts" saying they think he'll end up in Carolina, Fox came out today and said "We look at all options..." or whatever.

The first time, I can understand why Fox did it. It's Fox speak. But, to do it again after all the speculation. Fox usually would nip it at that point to avoid a bunch of hoopla... Well, he didn't. I'm really starting to think there's some credence to it. I also think for some reason that there is a strong relationship with Dungy and Fox/Hurney/Richardson, and that could overpower whatever negative aspect there may be.

I think to say that it is absolutely not an option as many on here have stated is a bit foolish. Unlikely, yes. Probable, not so much. But that doesn't mean impossible.

And to anyone saying they would no longer be a fan if it would happen, I understand. As a person I hate him. But I also love the Panthers and Jerry Richardson. This isn't the Cowboys or Redskins. If they were to do this then it would be done with amazing detail. And to be honest, I would be disappointed if they didn't at least look at the option and see how it would effect, for the good and bad of the team.

#27 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

My line coach in high school, Jerry Zima was Dick's roomate at OSU. He says that Butkus was an ass and a primadonna. Much like someone else....

#28 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

Ugh... they are discussing this on NC State scout.com boards right now... and after seeing all the people calling for Butkus to go to Carolina, I see why State fans get made fun of so much.

#29 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,765 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

Why is this board not allowing V!ck talk?

Who?

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

Who?

The new starting QB for the Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.