Photo
- - - - -

ESPN reporter says his opinion is that Vick...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#91 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

We win in spite of Jake not because of him. Atlanta won because of Vick not in spite of him.

Now thats a good arguement.

Ouch, I must have accidentally cut myself...Im bleeding sarcasm.

#92 CarolinaPanthersFan

CarolinaPanthersFan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

Jake is not consistent enough to get us a Super Bowl. He threw 3 ints against Tampa last year and 4 against Oakland. He threw 3 against Seattle in the NFC Championship in 05. When hes good hes good not great. When hes bad hes terrible. His QB ratings ranged from 12 to 129 last year.

#93 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

So desperate, we addressed that in the draft... oh wait... so desperate we wouldn't ever think of a Delhomme extension... oh wait.. yea, I'm not buying that reason. I think Michael Smith just seen us on the highlight screen that they were showing of Vick and threw our name out there. Now that I can believe.

Now, did I say that it's the prevailing feeling among those who strongly follow the Panthers. No, I didn't and never would. I said that a talking head up in Stores, Conn. that doesn't really pay too much attention would draw that conclusion. And many of our fans seem to as well, but not me, not me.

So quit getting so fired up, there's a big difference between someone up in Stores making a statement and their buddies piling on and those that actually know a thing or two about the Panthers. Kinda makes you wonder if we're getting the truth about any teams out there, I've been of that mindset for years. Guess I should have expanded my post a little more to make myself clear of my position...

Edited by Mintal, 12 August 2009 - 08:38 PM.

#94 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

Mort mentioned the Panthers as a team with a strong infrastucture and QB in place.

Yeah and I agree with him. But the last couple of days there has been a lot of talk about how Mort has turned into an idiot. I don't think so, but others have certainly chimed in to say things of that nature...

#95 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

Vick's a weapon that team's have to scheme to handle...combine that with D-Will and J-Stew and Steve Smith...my goodness.

He does not have to replace Delhomme to be on the field in some capacity.

Do I think it would happen with JR as owner, no, I don't.

But then, stranger things have happened.

If the Panthers did pick him up, and he's very cheap right now, and if he did well, there could be trade possibilities.

Again, not discussing any moral issues here...just looking at him as a commodity.

Edited by raleigh-panther, 12 August 2009 - 08:45 PM.

#96 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

After I heard 2 different reports say that Carolina would be a perfect fit for him, I actually thought about it. At first it was just every 30 sec was an update on whats hes doing, what hes eating and where he's shopping so it was annoying hearing his name. now i realy thought about him in Carolina blue just running around the field. You know he will have that amazing 60 yard TD, but at the same time he will have 2 late game picks. Im not for or against bringin him in. whatever happens happens.
Im just sick of people calling him a "Wildcat Quarterback". A quarterback thts behind center running the wildcat is just a QB Sneak. Its the same as 80% of the plays he ran with Atl. So how people expect him to come in the league aftrer a 2 year absence and just take over is beyond me. Hes a good athlete and below average qb

If he comes here no way in hell is he playing QB. Maybe for trick plays and wild cat but thats about it. I'd love to have a player like Vick's ability but it would be very hard for me to accept him on the team. I think he's a pos for what he did and until I can really see that he is truely remorseful, then maybe I could remotely forgive him for his actions. But to be honest I don't really see the purpose in bringing him in. We are already going to have to work Goodson into the line up, Jarrett is on the rise, Munnerlyn can do KR, Moore is developing and Robinson is coming back. We have enough weapons already to get by without him and then some.

#97 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

Vick's a weapon that team's have to scheme to handle...combine that with D-Will and J-Stew and Steve Smith...my goodness.

He does not have to replace Delhomme to be on the field in some capacity.

Do I think it would happen with JR as owner, no, I don't.

But then, stranger things have happened.

If the Panthers did pick him up, and he's very cheap right now, and if he did well, there could be trade possibilities.

Again, not discussing any moral issues here...just looking at him as a commodity.

Well, what would you rather have, and remember, you can only choose one..
A solid DT to replace our shallow DL, or a 30 year old QB whose been out of the league two years, has had problems on and off the field, and was never anything but a media toy to begin with?

#98 CarolinaPanthersFan

CarolinaPanthersFan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

A solid DT to replace our shallow DL, or a 30 year old QB whose been out of the league two years, has had problems on and off the field, and was never anything but a media toy to begin with?

Who said we could only have one? How about trading one of the extra linebackers we have for a decent DT? Even if we could only have one I would rather have the playmaker and test the young talent we've already got on the D line. Meeks wanted to be faster on defense anyway.

#99 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Obviously, a DT.

We all know we have holes to fill and no way we can't fill them with quality players. .

Odds of finding a cheap DT that can contribute at a high level well, questionable. I hear the Titans have a few and might need to cut one of them.

To my point though, I"m no fan of Vick's...never have been..never will be..but, football is a business and he is a very fast, elusive runner...some team in 2010, if he does well in 2009, might be willing to give us a decent pick for him...that's my only point.

Who do you think defenses would fear more split out wide, particularly if Smith is hurt, Jarrett or Vick. Though not a true receiver or a true QB or a true RB, fact is Vick is fast, and he is elusive, and those are two very valuable traits in the NFL that can't be taught.

I see him as a cheap risk and cheap is all the Panthers have with the cap.

Again, for a team that dealt with Rae Carruth, Vick ain't going to be here.

#100 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

Sorry if this has been posted already. channel 18 just confirmed reports that the Panthers are one of the teams interested in Vick. If so it's just like I've said before nobody knows what that guy can do more than John Fox. If Fox is on the hotseat or they feels that they MUST win the SB for the big cat he is a good insurance policy this year as a #2QB instantly.

Where there is smoke there is fire...

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4394427

#101 CarolinaPanthersFan

CarolinaPanthersFan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

If he plays for us he isn't gonna be running for 141 yards against us.

#102 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:13 PM

If he plays for us he isn't gonna be running for 141 yards against us.

No poo Sherlock. Did you figure that out all by yourself?

#103 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,582 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

Vick will not take a lot of money to sign, but....

WHERE WILL THE MONEY COME FROM?

When you figure that one out, maybe you should be running a team.

#104 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

Unless Vick plans to play for a 1 mil or less, where is the money coming from, is a great question for you all to ask yourselves..

You act like we have any control whether Vick signs with us or not....its not like this has been a particularly exciting training camp (besides injuries). There is not that much else going on in Panther land right now. Now, I agree it is pretty ludicrous and I sure as hell wouldnt bet you, but really, who gives a poo?

I'm not acting like anything, bud. I'm telling you all it's not going to happen. It's a simple statement with no implications to draw from. You act like because there is a "boring" off-season, that gives people the right for there to be 23109823 threads on the same exact issue. Now, I can't stop them. But I sure as hell can bust their balls about it. If they go home crying, so be it.

There isn't anything complex about what I'm saying, Vick ain't coming.. stop making so many threads on the same issue. Simple as that... ;)

Sorry if this has been posted already. channel 18 just confirmed reports that the Panthers are one of the teams interested in Vick. If so it's just like I've said before nobody knows what that guy can do more than John Fox. If Fox is on the hotseat or they feels that they MUST win the SB for the big cat he is a good insurance policy this year as a #2QB instantly.

Where there is smoke there is fire...

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4394427

Channel 18 didn't confirm anything other than the same quote Fox gave a while ago. Where there is gasoline and a match, there is fire... The smoke comes with it. None of which came from the Panthers organziation. The fire is coming from writers/reporters who are saying that because the Panthers have a stable organization and locker room that it could house a player/situation like Vick. There's your match and gas (and then the smoke) Just because Fox doesn't say no, doesn't mean he is saying Yes... (which is what that article seems to think)

Edited by bleys, 13 August 2009 - 02:40 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com