Photo
- - - - -

The Superman Survives

Best Answer rodeo, 02 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Note 3: Violations of ( B ) will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at an opponent.

The Superman wouldn't be a penalty unless he directs it at a player, and he never does. The blurb shown in OP is a note in direct relation to this rule:

Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#37 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

This crap bothers me more than safety rules.

#38 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

Do you have to turn green to get called for 'the incredible hulk'???

#39 DatsMyQuarterback

DatsMyQuarterback

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston-Salem N.C.
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

No "sack dance"? What are they surpose to do, just leave it stuck to their leg all game long??

#40 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct 

Article 1 There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the 

generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others: 
a: Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent even though no contact is made. 
b: The use of abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, 
 or representatives of the League. 
Note 3: Violations of b: will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at an opponent. These acts 
 include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the 
 ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over 
 an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing

I understand this part of it entirely, but that's not what I was questioning.

The two examples I cited, the sack dance and spiking the ball, are penalized even when not directed at an opposing player. Again, my guess is the league purposely gives the officials some leeway and count on their reasonableness.

In general, celebrations that do not show poor sportsmanship should be allowed. Cam getting penalized for going down on one knee after his first TD is an example of the league and/or officials going overboard.

#41 Nick81

Nick81

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

I understand this part of it entirely, but that's not what I was questioning.

The two examples I cited, the sack dance and spiking the ball, are penalized even when not directed at an opposing player. Again, my guess is the league purposely gives the officials some leeway and count on their reasonableness.

In general, celebrations that do not show poor sportsmanship should be allowed. Cam getting penalized for going down on one knee after his first TD is an example of the league and/or officials going overboard.

My only guess is the two examples you gave, in which penalty flags were thrown, were seen by the refs as being directed at an individual, or excessive/prolonged.  I saw tons of sack dances and spiked balls last season that weren't penalized.  It's basically a judgement call on their part.

Edited by Nick81, 02 September 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#42 Panthers8969

Panthers8969

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

These rules are from last year

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Article 1 There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the
generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:
a: Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent even though no contact is made.
b: The use of abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials,
or representatives of the League.

Note 3: Violations of b: will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at an opponent. These acts
include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the
ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over
an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing

DIRECTLY. AT. AN. OPPONENT.

#44 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

NO INCREDIBLE HULKING!!!! ACT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE!

lol wtf

Edited by teeray, 02 September 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#45 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

Are these new rules? No dancing? Lame as fug.

And Cam can't do the first down point anymore which is fine by me because it was kinda douchey.

Yeah, this was from last year.  Cam did the first down point all year and many fans did it with him.  Brady, Brees, Luck, Rodgers, and Peyton Manning do first down points/celebrations during games as well.  I have seen all of them do it multiple times.  If you think they are all douches after they do it too then, maybe you need to watch another sport with less emotion attached.

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

cam can still do the first down point becausenit isn't DIRECTLY. AT. ANOTHER. OPPONENT.

#47 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, this was from last year.  Cam did the first down point all year and many fans did it with him.  Brady, Brees, Luck, Rodgers, and Peyton Manning do first down points/celebrations during games as well.  I have seen all of them do it multiple times.  If you think they are all douches after they do it too then, maybe you need to watch another sport with less emotion attached.

You seem butthurt. Here, try this.

5uBblZJ.jpg

#48 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

You seem butthurt. Here, try this.

I thought as much when I was like should I even engage this guy.  I kind of felt like I was dealing with an intellectual miscreant.  You seem like a bum who was never good at anything after high school. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users