Photo
- - - - -

The Superman Survives

Best Answer rodeo, 02 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Note 3: Violations of ( B ) will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at an opponent.

The Superman wouldn't be a penalty unless he directs it at a player, and he never does. The blurb shown in OP is a note in direct relation to this rule:

Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

cam can still do the first down point becausenit isn't DIRECTLY. AT. ANOTHER. OPPONENT.

#47 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, this was from last year.  Cam did the first down point all year and many fans did it with him.  Brady, Brees, Luck, Rodgers, and Peyton Manning do first down points/celebrations during games as well.  I have seen all of them do it multiple times.  If you think they are all douches after they do it too then, maybe you need to watch another sport with less emotion attached.

You seem butthurt. Here, try this.

5uBblZJ.jpg

#48 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

You seem butthurt. Here, try this.

I thought as much when I was like should I even engage this guy.  I kind of felt like I was dealing with an intellectual miscreant.  You seem like a bum who was never good at anything after high school. 

#49 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

I understand people make mistakes and sometimes I won't agree with things people choose.

But I simply struggle so hard to have any shred of respect for Roger. He's done well with concussion stuff, a problem he inherited and is trying diligently to fix.

Everything else he gets just sooooo wrong. I'm just trying to put in perspective how the game of the NFL becomes so much better with all that he does.

"YOU SCUM BAG YOU HIGH FIVED YOUR TEAMATE FOR DOING A GOOD JOB, GIVE US 10,000 DOLLARS" "

"CORNER BACK BREATHED ON THE WIDE RECEIVER, 30 YARD PENALTY AUTOMATIC FIRST DOWN"

"NFL FOOTBALL WITH 6,000 YARD PASSING SEASONS MAKE THE GAME MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!!"

So much.... so wrong.

#50 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

I thought as much when I was like should I even engage this guy.  I kind of felt like I was dealing with an intellectual miscreant.  You seem like a bum who was never good at anything after high school. 

Boy, you jump to assumptions really quick. You need to get your emotions in check bruh.

The Cam crusaders come out strong as soon as you critique him in any way shape or form.

#51 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

My only guess is the two examples you gave, in which penalty flags were thrown, were seen by the refs as being directed at an individual, or excessive/prolonged.  I saw tons of sack dances and spiked balls last season that weren't penalized.  It's basically a judgement call on their part.

If you saw sack dances last year, you were watching something other than the NFL. Sack celebrations, yes. Sack dances, no. The last person who had a famous sack dance was Mark Gastineau of the Jets, and that was a long time ago. And spiked balls, not directed at an opponent, are almost always flagged as well (delay of game). 

It's not just things directed against an opponent. Again, do you not remember the penalty in the preseason game against Cincinnati in Cam's first year when he was penalized for going down on his knee after his first touchdown?

I support penalties for any display of unsportsmanlike conduct, but have a problem with the "victim-less" penalties that have sanitized the game a bit too much.

#52 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#53 Estrada

Estrada

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

N.o F.un L.eague. Thanks Goodell...

#54 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

lol still remember Cam's first TD run in the preseason. Air guitar flag

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

I have hated the NFL's "no celebration" rules for many, many years.

But probably never more than I do now.

#56 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Boy, you jump to assumptions really quick. You need to get your emotions in check bruh.

The Cam crusaders come out strong as soon as you critique him in any way shape or form.

If you had any real critique to give you could throw up the whole Cam crusader nonsense.  Since you are supposedly critiquing him for something many players in the league do, maybe you should watch figure skating.  Emotions in check is hilarious as you were the one using made up words like "douchey" to describe the quarterback of our team.  There are a lot of teams to cheer for where you can make your great critiques about nonsense that has nothing to do with actual game play.

#57 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:00 AM

That's just because your "critique" was really stupid. Stupidity needs to be pointed out.

Edited by BANE, 03 September 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#58 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:03 AM

lol still remember Cam's first TD run in the preseason. Air guitar flag

Air guitar down to one knee with a quick Superman finish. Definitely got his fine's worth on that one.

The best celebration was Tolbert during this past season's game at Tampa. For some reason, Tampa had "TOUCHDOWN MIKE" written on the wall of the endzone where Tolbert scored, and he ran over there and struck a presenter pose right in front of it.

Edited by cbarrier90, 03 September 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#59 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

Verbal taunting?

Is it still possible to cut Norman?

#60 Judo Thoreau

Judo Thoreau

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip